MKII 10" Stainless Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Zebraranger

Single-Sixer
They made a blued version and a stainless version of the 10" barreled Mark II. Both versions are hard to find as they didn't make a lot of them and they stopped making the 10" with the Mark III. If its polished stainless, most likely polished by the owner.

they normally are a 'brushed" stainless finish...........as noted above, once ts YOUR gun, you can polish it out to your hearts content, and it will not be the first one ever done..... :wink:

Tallbald

Buckeye
I've owned two 10 inch stainless MK2's. Both received a high external polish by me. The later one got sold via a local dealer for me on gunbroker about 4 or so years ago, and funded a few other Rugers for me. I always loved a bright, almost nickel appearance that 1500 grit wet/dry paper with a Flitz final hand polish gave my MK2's. Often wondered where my sold 10 inch MK2 landed. CBinNH--any other interesting features on your gun? Drilled and tapped? Don.

JStacy

Blackhawk
I am pretty sure Ruger never high polish any of the MK II series. The D&T models all came in the 225 prefix or later and "supposedly" there are a few factory D&T 10" guns. The brush finish Ruger put on the SS guns can be duplicated pretty much by "matching the scratch" with 400 grit wet dry paper. 600 grit will work but it is slightly more "shiny" than the factory finish on the guns.

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
JStacy said:
I am pretty sure Ruger never high polish any of the MK II series. The D&T models all came in the 225 prefix or later and "supposedly" there are a few factory D&T 10" guns.

Factory D&T KMK and MK10. Pretty scarce. Took a few years to find these. Both these NIB. Still looking for other D&T Mark IIs.