MK678 manual question.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cutlassguy1976

Bearcat
I have a MKII model MK678, s/n 212-23898, factory letter says it was shipped in Jan 1986. I'd like to find a correct copy of the manual that would have come with it. Can anyone post a picture of the manual front cover or at least tell me what the code in the bottom right would have been?
The closest I have seen was a manual with the code A1/1-83/R1.
Once I find out what it should be I am going to post a wtb ad for one.
Thanks in advance for any info. C

contender

Ruger Guru
According to what I have in my stuff,,, I believe the manual you listed, A1/1-83/R1 is the correct one for your gun. My next one is dated 1988.

You might want to check eBay. That's where I normally find any manuals I need.

I've been checking manuals listed for sale for quite a while. Here are the dates for Mark II manuals I've seen that are prior to your ship date.

1/83
10/83
7/84
8/85

There might be more. Your ship date and my research suggests that the 8/85 date may be closer to the correct manual but there's no real way to determine what Ruger originally put in the box with your pistol.

chet15

Hawkeye
Highstandardguy said:

I've been checking manuals listed for sale for quite a while. Here are the dates for Mark II manuals I've seen that are prior to your ship date.

1/83
10/83
7/84
8/85

Also, the "R" numbers usually all run in order for printing...it is the abbreviation for "Revision", so R1, R2, R3 etc.
Chet15

contender

Ruger Guru
I stand corrected,,, and hopefully didn't mislead the OP in his search. I was going on what I had in my box full of manuals. My apologies to the OP.

chet15 said:
Highstandardguy said:

1/83
10/83
7/84
8/85

Also, the "R" numbers usually all run in order for printing...it is the abbreviation for "Revision", so R1, R2, R3 etc.
Chet15

Thanks for the reminder. I've never recorded the "R" numbers since I have no way to determine when they were issued. Guess I should start.