advice for my 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

christian20

Bearcat
Hello I look for advice(councils) to improve my 10/22 need for help(assistant) thank you

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Decide what YOU want out of it and don't worry about what everyone else does. Do what suits YOU and YOUR needs.
Not knowing what it is for you now, hard to say. A simply trigger improvement can be a $25 hammer change or a $300 assembly - go with what suits your needs not because it's a fancy name. Barrels can help with performance but again, choose one that offers what you need and not one just because it's a brand or $$$.

JFB

Hunter
like said.."What to you have and what do you want?"
IF you have an "out of the box" and looking just for improvement for plinking, the Brimstone trigger job was the best money I ever spent.
http://www.brimstonegunsmithing.com/products/tier-3-basic-10-22-trigger-work.

First the trigger and fix the bolt hold device so that it will lock back on an empty chamber at the same time with out having to fight with that widget behind the trigger guard.... maybe put a recoil buffer in while you have it apart even though I can't figure out how a little piece of rubber should cost what they do...

Only thing after that would be the barrel.....

Snake45

Hawkeye
Has anyone asked what exactly you want to DO with the gun?

Personally, I'd start with good peep sights and a sling.

wwb

Hunter
BlkHawk73 said:
Decide what YOU want out of it and don't worry about what everyone else does. Do what suits YOU and YOUR needs. ........

Exactly !!

If it's going to be used to defend yourself against marauding tin cans, it doesn't really need anything; although a basic trigger job wouldn't hurt. If you're going after squirrels and bunnies, a trigger job with about a 3 lb pull and a 2.5X scope (or something in that neighborhood.... maybe a 1.5-4.5X). If you want to build the ultimate paper-puncher, the sky is the limit - trigger, stock, barrel, bolt face/chamber work.....

Blume, I agree with you. The bolt hold open feature and quick release is a very nice upgrade...and not so expensive either. In fact you can file down the factory piece and it will work just like an aftermarket part.

And then a comfortable stock. To me, the factory stocks are too small. I recently bought one of those Titan stocks, a couple months ago I guess. Haven't used it yet, but it's bigger and heavier. Plus they look nicer than the factory stocks.

christian20,

First, welcome to the forum. Lots of advise here. Some of it good, some not so much. :)

You need to provide a little more information as the previous posters have pointed out. Your post also suggests that you might not be in the US so there may be some parts that you just can't get.

Please respond back so we can help you out.

HSG

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
BlkHawk73 said:
Decide what YOU want out of it and don't worry about what everyone else does. Do what suits YOU and YOUR needs.
Not knowing what it is for you now, hard to say. A simply trigger improvement can be a $25 hammer change or a $300 assembly - go with what suits your needs not because it's a fancy name. Barrels can help with performance but again, choose one that offers what you need and not one just because it's a brand or $$$.

GREAT! The most excellent advice yet! :mrgreen: