Ruger White Barn ? See pic

Help Support Ruger Forum:

could you be thinking about the "White Feather" version of some sort, Chief AJ and Gunny Hathcock ??
I know that years ago AJ was 'refitting, building various Rugers 10/22s and the Mini -14 at his White Barn (tribal) facility...............

Again, that can be something that Chief AJ had "made up" , not maybe from the factory, Charlie 10/22 would know more about this sort of thing than anyone I know,,,,,,, years ago, my son Joey used to help Chief AJ "set up" and some of the shows we had both attended and that AJ built a rifle for Joe, nothing special, just one of the walmart laminated stocks and the "White barn " folks did a number on the accurrizing and the trigger action.
those thumbhole stocks are nifty for righties, but for us "lefties" it is about useless.............

Roger Dorsett used to set up at the national ( NRA conventions) etc with Chief AJ , maybe Roger "knows" something but if Chad had not heard about it, cannot keep track of all those "specialty" item put out by whom-ever ................

what does it say on that stock below the "White Barn" ?? look s like it says "licensing pending" ????????????

"White Barn" is NOT a Ruger copyright.........

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
Check to see if there is a registered trademark symbol associated with the name Ruger on the stock. They seem to be pretty fanatical defending their trademark rights (understandably so).

If there is no "R" symbol, my guess is that someone got creative with a laser and modified an aftermarket or possibly Ruger stock.

There was a model that had a similar stock from the factory, but don't recall model number.

Charlie@1022

Bearcat
Looks like a Chief AJ special edition. It looks like a special run of 700 blued target guns that were shipped from the factory with the RUGER logo in the stock. I would have to look at the two I have but the stock looks slightly different. As I recall Midway had a special on stock blanks in this design in a limited quantity shortly after the limited run of 700 but this stock looks slightly different but it may just be the view provided in the picture.

Charlie@1022

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
The last post reminded me that Fajen made a silhouette stock in that pattern inletted for a bunch of different actions including the 10/22.

Here is a Midway USA link to that stock: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/628193/fajen-thumbhole-silhouette-rifle-stock-ruger-10-22-920-barrel-channel-laminated-wood-coffee

Think someone bought some of these up and got fancy with a laser engraver....