RAR Predator rimfire

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joken

Bearcat
I couldn't find anything about these rifles with the search function. Anyway, Ruger made a few of these rifles in .22 and .22wmr. I was told they only made 500, but cannot confirm it. They are not listed in the Ruger catalogue. Rifle comes with oversize bolt handle, threaded barrel and a picatinny rail. Whittiker Guns had some and there are a couple on GB for $257 which is a heck of a deal. I bought one of each from the guys on GB. This one belongs to a friend and he had it cerakoted. The barrel is a medium varmint contour IMO, heavyish
without sights.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I saw one in 22 Magnum at a gun show this past Sunday. I 'd like to have one in 22LR to match my 308 Predator. As noted, there's no mention of them anywhere on the Ruger website. Bob!! :(

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
Buds Gun Warehouse in Lexington KY has the 22lr on the shelf and says they can get the magnums not sure on the price though.

rangerbob said:
I saw one in 22 Magnum at a gun show this past Sunday. I 'd like to have one in 22LR to match my 308 Predator. As noted, there's no mention of them anywhere on the Ruger website. Bob!! :(

rangerbob

Buckeye
I called Bud's and was unable to find a 22LR predator. The gal I spoke with was not familiar with it. Does anybody have the 4 digit product code for the rifle or a link that shows one. Bob!! :(

rangerbob

Buckeye
Well, I called Lockhart at Whittaker Guns and have a #8334 22LR predator in route. They have them for $265. When it arrives, I going to take the 2x7 Bushnell AR 22 scope off of my black stocked American with threaded barrel and install it on the predator. Then I'll get a compact stock module for my former rifle and that'll be my grandson's .22 with A2 flash hider. Lipsey's has the same rifle in Muddy Girl Camo for my grand daughter. The 22 Predator will be a good match for my 308 predator. Now if we could just find some 22 ammo at a good price. Bob!! :D

chet15

Hawkeye
Surely somebody knows which distributor got these rimfire Predator's?
Can also use some SN info to help those individuals down the road who ask about them.
Chet15

huck70

Bearcat
I like mine

ruger_zps967d1cff.jpg

rangerbob

Buckeye
Well after I ordered mine and two others from Whittaker's, I checked and these are Sports South Exclusives. Even my salesman there didn't know what they were. Their description on their website is not helpful and there is no photo there either. Since I do business with SS almost weekly, I feel let down. Of course, Ruger was no help since they don't update their website often enough. I emailed Ruger when I saw the sku at SS, to ask what it was. Their reply was to call the factory in NC and ask them. Anyway, Sports South has them in stock, as of now, (145) 22LR #96901 and (245) 22Magnum #96902. Just confirmed with my sales person. I'll post my serial numbers when they arrive. Bob! :?

Latest posts