Ruger mark III 22/45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kaczo

Bearcat
Hello all

I just pick up a Ruger mark III 22/45 and was out on the range with it trigger has a long travel before the hammer and sear meet other then that the trigger breaks at 3 1/2 lbs one you get threw the long pull.
I am thinking for the first improvement to install a TANDEMKROSS Bushing followed by a Volquartsen Trigger to take up the long creep
any other suggestions. I think I can polish the sear and hammer to improve on the trigger weight under 3 lbs

Thx

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
kaczo said:
Hello all

I just pick up a Ruger mark III 22/45 and was out on the range with it trigger has a long travel before the hammer and sear meet other then that the trigger breaks at 3 1/2 lbs one you get threw the long pull.
I am thinking for the first improvement to install a TANDEMKROSS Bushing followed by a Volquartsen Trigger to take up the long creep
any other suggestions. I think I can polish the sear and hammer to improve on the trigger weight under 3 lbs

Thx

These are a few suggestions I normally make to MY customers. 1) Get a Volquartsen Target sear, or have the factory sear reworked. That will give you a reduced trigger pull in the 2-1/2 to 3 pound range, measured. 2) Get yourself a Sam Lam hammer bushing. He's the guy who pioneered the first actually workable hammer bushing to replace the magazine disco parts, that fits properly. There was a poorly dimensioned depiction of a first attempt at a bushing to replace those parts floating around the inter-web that I initially used, and the bushing literally fell out of the hammer. 3) Why would you need to replace your hammer? The hammer that came with your pistol is perfectly serviceable, after you install either the Sam Lam, or a BAM hammer bushing.

9x19

Hunter
kaczo said:
Hello all

Thx

My LITE has a TK bushing (fits fine), but I just did a bit of polish work with the factory hammer and sear, and I'm happy with the result.

Scott's crew at VQ makes good stuff, so a target trigger/sear from them wouldn't be a bad choice.