mark 3 not feeding

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fast ed

Bearcat
The last time I shot my gun everything was fine. A month later when I insert the magazine, the round does not feed. As if the magazine does not go in the last 1/8 of an inch. This happens with both magazines. Any advice.

fast ed

Bearcat
I removed the mag disconnector a year ago. No, the slide doesn't close with an empty magazine either, unless I hold the mag in tight.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
It's possible there is something keeping it from locking in fully. As noted, clean & CAREFULLY inspect it.

I want to note something, your name here. Kinda confusing. We already have a "FastEd" so I wondered when I saw this. Maybe a slight change to "fast eddie?"

Shooter III

Single-Sixer
I like to try and keep things simple ..... ((( my questions are not meant to insult your intelligence ))).

1.) Do the mags go "Click" when fully inserted ?
A. if not check the mag-release button / spring, is it working correctly ?

2.) Is it possible the mags themselves are dirty and some bit of dirt got in there, move the mag-button (on the mag itself) up and down, does it move freely ?
A. if not take them apart and clean them and put a wee bit bit of oil on the mag follower.

If you're not sure how to take your mag apart try this link ...
>>>http://www.bevfitchett.us/ruger-mark-3-autoloading-pistols/magazine-disassembly.html<<<

6gun

Hunter
fast ed said:
you have a FastEd I an Fast Ed

Welcome to the forum :D yes you did choose a name close to someone else's, but to bad it's no ones business, the system allowed you to have it and you don't have to change nothing, people might be confused but they will have to learn to get over it. :lol:

fast ed

Bearcat
the mag does click in. I will take apart the gun and mags both and give a cleaning.

Latest posts