1972 super single six value ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

varmint243

Bearcat
A shooting friend of mine has a 1972 3 screw super single six 6-1/2" with a 22LR cylinder only (60-86xxx). I have shot it a few times and really like the gun. He has no particular attachment to the gun and is willing to sell it. We need to try to determine a fair value (to him and me) for the gun. I would call it a nice shooter grade. There is some holster wear (leather holster included) and some minor wear to the stocks and such. It has not been converted, has no transfer bar. I have been searching online and prices seem to be all over the place. Unfired collector grade guns with original box and paperwork seem to go for big money, and shooter grade for pretty reasonable. Thoughts of what it's worth or suggestions on how to assign it a value ?

Kanook

Buckeye
Welcome to the forum. I would offer round $225 only because it's a friend. If it was at a show or store, around $175. And yes, I have paid that little and less. My last 72 was ANIB but converted for $300 otd.

BornFree

Bearcat
In my part of the country (deep south), those in very nice shooter condition start at $375 and up...mostly up! Those in "near collector" condition can reach $500 (without a box).

Latest posts