RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:36 am 
Single-Sixer

Has anyone heard of anyone producing aftermarket stocks for the 10/22 TD? I would really like to see a Hogue overmolded stock for the 10/22 TD. A guy over at RimFireCentral.com forum customized a Hogue overmolded for his TD. He did a real nice job!!! Maybe I just have to wait a bit for the 10/22 aftermarket folks to get in the groove??

I got a blue TEAM USA model. I would like to save the blue stock.

While at my LGS, I was also able to compare the 10/22 TD to the Henry AR-7. I preferred the better fit and finish of the 10/22 TD. The AR-7 is an old platform that is now being produced by Henry. It is an interesting concept, but I have been reading about nagging magazine feeding issues. A little refinement would be helpful.

YMMV.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:53 pm 
Hawkeye

I had ogled the AR7 over much of the last 35 years. From time to time friends would have them.....for a while....and I'd get to play with them....for a while....but a couple features I never cared for were at the very heart of the concept: primitive sights and limited magazine. Loved the compact watertight aspect though.

Never did get around my reluctance to buy one....but I always suspected passing on the one a buddy offered for $85 was going to be regretted.....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:53 pm 
Hunter

There are some really crappy ones on eBay offered by people that are experimenting. They have access to the gun for measurements, etc. but no wood skills. I know it seems you are speaking of synthetic replacements but these are cut standard wood carbine units. Since I can fix the wood but don't have a TD to take measurements, I have wondered how much work it would be to make a functional and pretty wood TD stock.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:23 pm 
Hawkeye

I for one like the TD synthetic stock for present purposes.

A wood(?) version I really liked, was a Garand style, with the Tech sights.

Very retro looking, and a handy configuration.

I've seen a few photos posted here somewhere with folding or slider butt stocks for the TD, and a couple custom front stocks.

Wonder if eventually this model will go full Factory.Transformer options with a dozen different styles available.