Ruger 10/22 replacement magazine release

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eagleguy

Bearcat
In looking to replace the factory release on my 10/22 I see that they come in all types of materials, shapes and sizes. I'm looking for one that's fits like the factory one and works with long, short magazines under all conditions. Any recommendations?

hutchman

Blackhawk
I like the new extended factory releases. You might post in the classifieds or over on rimfirecentral.com and find some take offs. Uhhhh, that is assuming you have an older version without the extension.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
I got mine from North Woods Outpost via eBay. I just made a quick search on eBay and don't see the one I got.....mine is stainless that I received in matte finish but polished to match the other high sheen, home polished parts on my 10/22. I have several OEM mags and a BX-25 with no issues.

Sorry about the thumbprint in the old pic and the dark photo.

actionA2.jpg

Edited for correction in content. I had to check my records because what I wrote didn't make sense.

sqhertz

Bearcat
IMG_2255.jpg

i believe mine is a rimfire technologies smooth release. are you looking for a particular style or color?

eagleguy

Bearcat
Saw some wrap around the trigger guard models and shorter versions like the ones in the post replies. I didn't know if one worked better than another.

I have the newer model 10/22. Purchased from Dicks Sporting Goods last week.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
They all fit the same, kinda a simple design. The differences are the style/look. Pick one that appeals to you in that way.

tmullanejr

Bearcat
eagleguy said:
I was thinking the wrap around design might hang loose after awhile.

I have an KIDD http://www.coolguyguns.com/Ruger-magazine-lever-interchangeable_p_35.html style on my 10/22 for about a year now and have had no problems
The only way I could see the lever hanging loose after any time at all is if the return spring for the Magazine release would wear out... and that is a Ruger part and not part of the KIDD release....
I have the underlever style because it looks sooooooo coooool on my International and it works

BlkHawk73

Hunter
eagleguy said:
I was thinking the wrap around design might hang loose after awhile.

All designs utilize the exact same spring which is pretty sturdy. Not exactly a part that would be difficult to change should it ever be required. With this design having been used for long enough, I've yet to see or hear of any issues with them at all.

Precision32

Blackhawk
I sell and use the Christie and Christie extended mag release. I recently saw where PC is selling the same thing.

It's a 'pencil' style extension. I like it because it gives more room for your fingers to work the bolt hold open.