Single Six value question and need new 22lr cylinder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bjones2571

Bearcat
Hi all,
I'm new here, but have done a little bit of lurking here when I was tweaking my 10/22. Recently I purchased a New Model Single Six on a whim. It has a 260- prefix, so I think it was made in 1983 or 84. It is blued and in excellent condition. I paid $215 otd.

Now the bad. It only came with the 22 Mag cylinder. I thought picking up the 22lr cylinder would be a snap, but apparently I may not have been correct. I'm hoping that you guys can give me some leads as to my options. I guess I can ship it back to Ruger, but I imagine that will end up costing me nearly as much as the gun itself cost once shipping is included.

So, was $215 a good price?
Where do I look for a 22lr cylinder?

Thanks in advance!

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the forum,, (in from lurking,,!) :D
You should be able to get a good used cylinder to drop in your gun. You will need to know the OAL of your current 22 mag cylinder & buy one that is as long, or slightly longer to make sure it'll fit without end shake. And yes,, if you send it to Ruger for a new cylinder,,, it will cost a bit more than finding one in our Classifieds here,, or even sleezebay.
If you are unsure about checking the timing/cylinder alignment,, you can have a gunsmith check it for you.

rich e

Single-Sixer
I bought mine on Gunbroker, only I had the opposite problem, I needed the magnum cylinder. I found one in stainless for $50.00, so there out there just got to look for them.

Latest posts