New Ruger .22 Revolver Introduced

Help Support Ruger Forum:

57springer

Buckeye
butcherboy1985 said:
Louiethelump: I don't see there being a recall at all. I'm sure you can appreciate "tinkering and experimenting" to see what might work. I of course realize the void of warranty and the risk. Also realize that not every om cylinder will work. Mine happens to function 100% after the 3 shot loading process. My goal was to inform people that it could be done for a fun project. In no way do I claim any safety or long term function. Certainly won't be a carry gun but on the farm for plinking reliability isn't an issue.

Hope everyone is enjoying there wranglers if they have one. Great little guns imho.
Btw swivels make great lanyard loops on these guns.

If anyone would like pictures of project please pm me I'll text/email
I am really liking my wrangler :lol: . I am not understanding the three shot load on your mag. cyl. Butcher boy : :?: More detail if you will. Thanks !!

butcherboy1985

Single-Sixer
Just to clarify the 3 shot loading.

After opening gate the cylinder will click and rotate allowing for 3 rounds to be loaded. Then the cylinder locks in place. All I did to remedy this was pull the hammer back about half way and rest on empty chamber. Then I was able to load the other 3 rounds.

dixie884

Blackhawk
I don't think it is a bad looking gun at all. It looks OK and Jeff says it is accurate. I bought my G'sons shopkeepers when they came out but these would have been just as useful. I think it will be a first handgun for a lot of folks. They are a lot cheaper than the Bearcat I bought at 13yoa. My mom had to buy it for me at Sears in Texarkana $39.99 plus tax. That was in like 1964. Wonder how many bucks that would be today.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
dixie884 said:
... They are a lot cheaper than the Bearcat I bought at 13yoa. My mom had to buy it for me at Sears in Texarkana $39.99 plus tax. That was in like 1964. Wonder how many bucks that would be today.

$40 in 1964 would be $329.75 today per the federal government. Ruger's Heritage is still much cheaper today.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
"Certainly won't be a carry gun but on the farm for plinking reliability isn't an issue."

Unless you are carrying your Wrangler and run up on a copperhead or timber rattler. I want that sucker to fire rat NOW and as many times as I need it. At least here in the mountains there are no cottonmouths, like there was down in Alabamy. :)

57springer

Buckeye
Muley Gil said:
"Certainly won't be a carry gun but on the farm for plinking reliability isn't an issue."

Unless you are carrying your Wrangler and run up on a copperhead or timber rattler. I want that sucker to fire rat NOW and as many times as I need it. At least here in the mountains there are no cottonmouths, like there was down in Alabamy. :)
I have put about 400 rounds through mine in a month that I have owned it . No problems 8) As for the reliability comments , I see it being right there with the single six .

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Blackmore said:
NH Rugerman said:
butcherboy1985 said:
22 magnum ammo. Cci hollow point and varmint.i only tested 3 of each. Distance 15 yds shooting at steel plate.

Ruger is not going to like this... :shock: :oops:

Stand by for the recall to modify all the Wranglers so cylinder won't swap in. :roll:

Heck, for the price of these guns, a guy can just get another one, modify it, and have a dedicated .22 Magnum!

mac66

Single-Sixer
.[/quote]

And Heritage has reacted by letting retailers sell them for $119.00. I have seen them for that price at a couple of my regular dealers and on line too.[/quote]

Dunham's Sport had them for $99.99 recently

A lot of guys ran out and bought them. I had one years ago but it keyholed everything I put through it and spit lead out the cylinder gap. It was a POS so I dumped it. I'll save up my pennies and buy a Ruger.

louiethelump

Buckeye
How would Heritage "let" dealers sell at any set price? That would be illegal. Manufacturers can control how much retailers ADVERTISE the item, under penalty of not being allowed to buy them in the future for violation. Guns are SOLD and paid for by the dealer (either cash or credit) and dealers can pretty much sell them for whatever they want. Just guessing here, but I am thinking dealers are lowering the prices on their Heritage an using that money for other things, like Wranglers.

But that is just a guess. You may know some secret Heritage cartel that fixes prices of their $149.00 guns.

louiethelump

Buckeye
We may want to notify the enforcement wing of the Fair Trade Commission about this violation of the public trust by price fixing on guns. :)

When they get down to $49 or less I may buy one for a Kayak anchor.

My Wranglers will ride in the boat.

57springer

Buckeye
louiethelump said:
We may want to notify the enforcement wing of the Fair Trade Commission about this violation of the public trust by price fixing on guns. :)

When they get down to $49 or less I may buy one for a Kayak anchor.

My Wranglers will ride in the boat.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

WestTex

Single-Sixer
Do not have a Wrangler. Will look at one.

Have looked, many times, at Ruger S/A .22 and there is only one reason I never bought one - $.

Will keep an open mind about this, while remembering the number of squirrels and copperheads we have taken out with our Heritage RR.

louiethelump

Buckeye
I am sure the Heritage will still fit someone's budget requirement. After all they are effectively still half the price of a new Ruger Wrangler, so you can get "one to keep and one to toss in the river" for the price of one Ruger. It makes me wonder about just how much profit there is/was in the Heritage when they can now be sold for 2/3 of what they were and still (presumably) make a profit. They must have been the most profitable gun in the display case at $149

mac66

Single-Sixer
louiethelump said:
I am sure the Heritage will still fit someone's budget requirement. After all they are effectively still half the price of a new Ruger Wrangler, so you can get "one to keep and one to toss in the river" for the price of one Ruger. It makes me wonder about just how much profit there is/was in the Heritage when they can now be sold for 2/3 of what they were and still (presumably) make a profit. They must have been the most profitable gun in the display case at $149

The Heritage I bought years ago was $75 out the door paying retail. This was before online gun buying. So it must have cost the manufacturer $30-40 to make. While costs have risen I would guess it still doesn't cost the manufacture too much more that to make these guns. The fact that they can be sold for $100 with both distributors and retailers making a profit confirms that.

contender

Ruger Guru
I handled my first production Wrangler today. A bronze one. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was quite impressed with it in general!

The funniest part,, was when I spied it in the gun case in the store,, I said; "Hey is that a Ruger Wrangler?" and the clerk replied; "Yep,, & I bet it'll put Heritage out of business." And this guy had never seen me before,,, nor did he know that I'm quite familiar with Rugers. I almost busted a gut chuckling!

louiethelump

Buckeye
I doubt Ruger intends to put Heritage out of business. My guess is they want to make money and they just jumped into the economy market to grab some market share. I never bought a Heritage as they were below an imaginary "crappy line" that I have been blessed to be able to stay above. I have bought TWO Wranglers so far, plus my existing several single sixes and sevens.

You mention your laughter at the dealer comment; is that because you BELIEVE, or because you DOUBT that Ruger will put Heritage out of business?

Personally I hope Heritage survives the Ruger move into their market. Compared to Ruger, Heritage is a small company, is in my home state of Florida, and provides a worthy service of producing usable guns for a certain market. Heritage has little depth in their manufacturing, as their line is limited compared to Ruger. No one yet has mentioned that Heritage fired the first shot in this battle, by jumping into the centerfire market with their cheap 45 single action, and Ruger May have taken exception to what RUGER may have seen as an attack on THEIR market. (Vaquero)

Interesting battle to watch.

Yesterday I witnessed a transaction at the LGS in which a poor schlub purchased a Heritage 22 with just a LR cylinder for nearly $200 out the door. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

Wish the Wranglers would hit the shelves here.

57springer

Buckeye
arfmel said:
Yesterday I witnessed a transaction at the LGS in which a poor schlub purchased a Heritage 22 with just a LR cylinder for nearly $200 out the door. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

Wish the Wranglers would hit the shelves here.
I agree , my 2 local dealers tell me they get calls all day long . :) Come on Ruger, fill the pipeline :wink: