Quick 10/22 current model question.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

msp2640

Single-Sixer
Gents - While looking for an older model 77/22.....I'm also thinking about a 10/22, are the currently produced, blued model 10/22's still drilled and tapped for a receiver sight on the left side of the receiver? Thanks Bill in MA

22/45 Fan

Hunter
No, they are not. I have both a blued and a stainless 10/22's bought in the past couple of years and neither are left-side drilled and tapped for receiver sights. Both are drilled and tapped on the receiver top for scope bases and come with a one-piece Weaver base for scope or red dot mounting.

You may be able to find a "receiver sight" that mounts on top of the receiver using the scope base holes.

msp2640

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the quick reply. I have on hand an older, but NOS, Williams receiver sight, that attaches to the 2 holes on the left side of the receiver on the older models. I very much like the style of the sporter version with sights and was wondering if the sight would work on a new model. I guess I could have the receiver D&T'd to make it happen. Thanks Bill

kevin masten

Blackhawk
I don't recall ever having seen a 10/22 d&t for receiver sights. A few of the 44 carbines were so d&t. Have I missed something along the way?

Regards

msp2640

Single-Sixer
Kevin - I don't think you missed anything, most likely I screwed up, getting a 44 Carbine receiver pic vs 10/22 carbine pic confused. I have 2 threads going now, about 2 different models, however I think I'd like the end result for both. I'd love to find an early model 77/22 mag with sights and add a NECG receiver sight to it. While researching that, I must have mistook the above receivers, as I have a Williams sight on hand and it think it would make a fine addition to a deluxe/sporter model 10/22. I've never owned a 10/22, but have grown found of the Lipsey's/Ruger #1150 model, which is the sporter model with a 22 inch barrel and sights, but has a checkered birch stock, would really prefer a walnut stocked version. I have plenty of scoped 22 models of different makes, just this seems to be my latest fancy or itch to scratch. Thanks and sorry for the confusion, from my lack on knowledge! - Bill in MA