Information needed on Catalog #10/22RR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hope someone can help, I am looking for Ruger Catalog #10/22RR Rifle, very similar to the Williams Shooters Supply exclusive model #1159 except the William's Rifle has Williams fire sights on it rather than the original model's fold down rear with blade front sight as originally released by Ruger in 2004, I believe.

I am looking for the original model number and other information so that I can try to acquire the original model...it had a 20" barrel, uncheckered Sporter style hardwood stock with no barrel band but a slimmer fore end and flat buttpad..

Any information/help is appreciated. I have no idea how I missed this one until now!

Thanks
Paul

hittman said:
Check your RENE or PM Chet15.

I checked RENE and the model number is listed as the same as the current with Fire Sights, I would like to confirm that and to see if anyone has actually seen one of the originally sighted rifles as described in Ruger advertising back in 2004.

Thanks

chet15

Hawkeye
NH Rugerman said:
hittman said:

I checked RENE and the model number is listed as the same as the current with Fire Sights, I would like to confirm that and to see if anyone has actually seen one of the originally sighted rifles as described in Ruger advertising back in 2004.

Thanks

Yes, they were definitely the same model number. Ruger came out with it first with the standard sights. Then Williams did the model number as an exclusive with Hi-Viz sights.
Chet15

chet15 said:
NH Rugerman said:
hittman said:

Thanks

Yes, they were definitely the same model number. Ruger came out with it first with the standard sights. Then Williams did the model number as an exclusive with Hi-Viz sights.
Chet15

Thanks, Chet for confirming model number is the same...makes the hunt for an original with post front sight even harder...sure would like to know if any left the factory in the original configuration.

chet15

Hawkeye
Here's something else I just thought about as well. I think the earliest ones also had the word "RIFLE" in the rollmark. Maybe that was a different model? I need to research that. I know there was one that had the rollmark with "RIFLE" in it.
Chet15

hittman

Staff member
NH Rugerman said:
similar to the Williams Shooters Supply exclusive model #1159 except the William's Rifle has Williams fire sights on it

You may already know this or I may be wrong but ..... many confuse the Williams Shooters Supply wholesaler in Quincy IL with the same people who make Williams sites. I don't think there is any connection.

hittman said:
NH Rugerman said:
similar to the Williams Shooters Supply exclusive model #1159 except the William's Rifle has Williams fire sights on it

You may already know this or I may be wrong but ..... many confuse the Williams Shooters Supply wholesaler in Quincy IL with the same people who make Williams sites. I don't think there is any connection.

I did know that, but it was ironic that this model had both Williams involved in it, that is why I listed it as I did...not suing the words 'their fire sights'.

Thanks

chet15 said:
Here's something else I just thought about as well. I think the earliest ones also had the word "RIFLE" in the rollmark. Maybe that was a different model? I need to research that. I know there was one that had the rollmark with "RIFLE" in it.
Chet15

Chet
That is my understanding and why I questioned the model numbers...the original did have the 'rifle' roll mark..

I have been unable to find one with the original sights/'RIFLE' roll mark thus far....I have purchased the Williams model with Williams fire sights model...but really want the original version...