shot one of my guns, WOW!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
as i've gotten older my eyes aren't what they used to be, and i don't shoot a handgun as well as i would like. i took one of my rough riders i bought last week to my back yard and thought i will see what it can do. i have heard some guns have to have sights bent, and some are excellent right out of the box. well mine was great, by taking just about the top 1/3 of the sight or as i call it a fine bead which is what i try to take on all guns starting out. i was able to get a great group. i only shot 12 rds as it has turned off cold here but i love this gun. i think i will paint the front sight as the black faded some trying to shoot. here is the target and do ya'll paint your sights?, and if so what do you use? my wife has some hard as nails polish in white i thought of trying. oh i was shooting at around 10yds using a two hand grip standing.

gaschiermeyer

Bearcat
I like this. Gun site tape 3 colors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gun-Sight-Tape-Easy-to-Do-Dont-paint-Clearly-see-your-Front-Sight-12-Total-/152031671427?hash=item2365cb3483:g:wE8AAOSwqrtWmVnU

Three50seven

Buckeye
Nail polish works well. I picked some fluorescent orange up on clearance after Halloween a couple years back. Works great and one bottle will last a life time.