The Mark series has a new competitor from S&W.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
Captain America said:
CraigC said:
Blue 242 or purple 222 Loctite is an easy fix.

I agree but cleaning the gun now involves taking a wire wheel to that screw and cleaning out the threads in the barrel every time you clean the gun if you use lochtite.
Why would you be removing the barrel for cleaning???

CraigC said:
Why would you be removing the barrel for cleaning???

I clean and lube after every use, after I shoot my 22/45 I take the barrel off every time and use a soft brush in the trigger group, run a brush through the mag well, and clean the magazines. To me that's the beauty of my 22/45, it takes 30 seconds to disassemble it and another 45 seconds to re-assemble it with no tools required.

CraigC

Hawkeye
You're way overdoing it. Now, it's your gun so it's your prerogative to clean it however often you like but cleaning a .22 pistol, to the extent of breaking it down and removing the barrel, every time you shoot it is completely unnecessary. Good .22LR pistols can go thousands of rounds without a detail cleaning. In particular, .22LR bores always shoot better dirty and rarely actually "need" cleaning.

CraigC said:
You're way overdoing it. Now, it's your gun so it's your prerogative to clean it however often you like but cleaning a .22 pistol, to the extent of breaking it down and removing the barrel, every time you shoot it is completely unnecessary. Good .22LR pistols can go thousands of rounds without a detail cleaning. In particular, .22LR bores always shoot better dirty and rarely actually "need" cleaning.

My super clean guns with zillions of rounds through them drive my buddy insane, as we're pulling guns out of our bags at the range he keeps saying to me "a dirty gun is a happy gun, a dirty gun is a happy gun" :lol:

Jk3700

Bearcat
I have purchased one of the firearms and I love it.

It feels great and it shoots great.

I was really impressed how accurate it is after I took it to a completive shoot and the target groups were fantastic.

The sites are great too.

I bet it sounds like I work for S&W. Not so. They're really on the money with this one.

dingode

Single-Sixer
Other Victory owner are recommending the use of Vibra-TITE 213 VC-3 Threadmate Threadlocker, instead of blue or purple loc-tite.

A quick google search will find it for you.

huntsman22

Blackhawk
xtratoy said:
That is one UGLY gun! :shock:

Ugly is, as ugly does......

IMG_9766_zpszvdguv9c.jpg

IMG_9773_zpsjvm5fe2f.jpg

IMG_9497_zpsxhht9klh.jpg

IMG_9477_zpsokdil52n.jpg

IMG_9443_zpswcxtdzbx.jpg

I looked at one at my LGS when they first came out but only handled it for a few seconds. I didn't know anything about them. Now after seeing all the features I am probably going to get one.

I have a 50th Anniversary MK II that has a short Tactical Solutions barrel with adj sights, and an SR22. I have a B-Square mono-mount on the MKII, but want one that I can remove the red dot or scope on and shoot sights with less hassle than removing the B-Square. Have been looking at MKIII 22/45 Lites with scope mount but not a fan of the 22/45 magazines, or the lawyer devices on the MKIII series.

My LGS did receive a Victory that the barrel was not rifled on. It has went back to Smith.