22/45 MK II factory drilled and tapped

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My research says they only make a few hundred factory drilled at the end of the MkII production run in the 2004/2005. I was shooting one at the range today and a friend wanted to buy it. He is not a gun guy and would probably be just as happy with a Mk III. I am not trying to get "Collectable" price for it but if it is interesting maybe I should put it on the forum for someone who cares and send him to LGS for a garden variety. I want to do right by my fellow forum members. I am indifferent--it was a safe queen until today.

I sure wouldn't sell a MK2 22/45 if I ever wanted such a firearm. In my opinion, the MK2 is far better than the MK3 and is far preferable. A mint, LNIB, or "pristine" MK2 (especially a 22/45) is worth more than a brand new MK3. The "factory" D & T is a plus that MAY be worth a bunch to a true collector.

thanks , that confirms my suspicions. I will send him to local gun shop for a MKIII and put this one on the forum some day for someone who will appricaite it

chet15

Hawkeye
About the last 20,000 Mark II's with adjustable sights were D&T. Depending on what model you have, it could be one of 7000 made, or one of less than 200 (the estimated quantity made each of the MK10 and KMK10).
Chet15

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I have a factory D&T'ed 22/45 Mk II, 5.5" Bull Barrel, Stainless that I bought as a left-over right after the Mk IIIs came out. I guess I've destroyed it's collector's value by having the frame modified to take standard 1911 grip panels as this was well before the factory had that option.