Finally got a takedown 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I had been looking at a takedown 10/22 for a while now, and I took it out yesterday. Ran just fine with the CCI Mini mags I put through it. Didn't have to touch the sights. Thinking about a set of Skinner sights for it or another type of peep sight, haven't decided yet. First I am going to get a couple more 10 rounders since that's all we can have here because of the Unsafe Act. This was off a rest at 25 yards.

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
That's a great group. I could not come close to that with open sights.
My TD has a red dot, and with that MIGHT be able to come close to your group... on a good day.
:)

Joezilla

Bearcat
I looked at this model at both Gander Mountain and Academy Sports in Mesquite, TX today. I was surprised that they were priced the same at both places, $349. I would have thought Academy would be cheaper. I did not buy, but will keep looking around.

Joe

Joezilla

Bearcat
Joezilla said:
I looked at this model at both Gander Mountain and Academy Sports in Mesquite, TX today. I was surprised that they were priced the same at both places, $349. I would have thought Academy would be cheaper. I did not buy, but will keep looking around.

Joe

I went to a different Academy Sports today and found the black synthetic stock/stainless everything else 10/22 Takedown model for $339 and bought it. I probably will not have an opportunity to shoot until I get to the Arizona deserts in November. I am excited about this purchase.

Joe

dakota1911

Buckeye
I have had mine for a couple years and love it. It is the last 10/22 I have bought and I took a picture of it next to the first one I bought back in the 70s.

MarqueIII

Bearcat
Question: How much does your Ruger take down weigh? The Ruger website says 4.7lbs, and I say "No freakin' way' it is that light.

Please answer an important question. It will make or break my decision to go take down or plain stainless tactical

MarqueIII

Bearcat
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Ruger frowns on high velocity .22LR's. Granted a Mini-Mag is not a Stinger or Interceptor.

What is the most powerful round you can run through it on a daily diet?