Ammo container for Takedown bag. Pics added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I looked at many options and ended up with two that I got at Walmart. I picked up a container of Penn raquetballs because they have a screw on lid for their container, the tube is fairly strong. I put the barrel in the smaller of the two sleeves and two of these tubes fit in the larger sleeve next to the barrel sleeve. Each tube holds a bit 0ver 400 rounds.

dqqk93.jpg

b54dw0.jpg

Here is my Takedown with Tactical Solutions barrel and Hogue stock combo. Barrel fits in smaller outside sleeve and ammo fits the larger sleeve. Stock with Bushnell TRS-25 in the other side. Three balls come in each tube.

Joezilla

Bearcat
I am liking how those two ammo containers store a bunch of ammo AND fit in the bag. Thanks for sharing!

Joe

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
Nice idea!
I used a piece of PVC that a 50 round box fits in (or the 100 round CCI standard velocity plastic boxes).
Glued a cap to one end, and a screw end and cap to the other.
The rifle is in another state right now, so can't post pictures. I believe the PVC is 2"?
It looks like the boxes would fit in your tubes as well. Had I seen them, it may have been a better (cheaper) option.
Thanks for sharing.

I looked a spaghetti Tupperware, paint ball storage, etc. I paid $2.74 each for these. Neighbors do gets balls to play with and I get storage. I was looking at PVC but then saw these. Lighter, and as said cheaper.

mishtub

Blackhawk
I just used a 9 inch piece of 1 1/2 inch pvc, cut a thin piece of cork and placed it in one end cap and glued it on, then slip fit a cap on the other end. It easily stores 250 loose rounds with a few cleaning patches and a boresnake.

9x19

Hunter
I've used these US Military containers (Chem Warfare Decontamination kit) since the late 80s... tight seal and have a strap and hook to attach to just about anything.

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/ammo-cans-storage-containers/u-s-mil-decon-boxes.html

KT%20PLR22_zpsr2s6cjy6.jpg

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Military flare tube 2" x 10". Holds about 300 rds. Has rubber seal and locking teeth so it will not accidentally come open. I may be able to get some extras if anyone wants one.

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
1gunsnotenough said:
Military flare tube 2" x 10". Holds about 300 rds. Has rubber seal and locking teeth so it will not accidentally come open. I may be able to get some extras if anyone wants one.

Someone asked me for some of these tubes but cannot find PM. I have some extras now.

Lexspeed

Bearcat
I have used a JIF peanut butter container. The good part is that it is free, has a screw on cap, is fairly durable clear polymer and fits acceptablly in my non-traditional range bag. I use an old military flight helmet bag. I got that free as well. :)

TomV

Bearcat
I did like Rumrunner did with the Penn racquetball container. Very good idea. Thanks, :D