Liberty New Model Super single six 9.5"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rockrat

Single-Sixer
Just wondering how rare the above would be, or are they common? Fellow said it was supposed to be a 22mag only, but also came with a 22lr cylinder that is NOT s/n'd to the gun, but works well. Any idea on Value?

thanks

my guess would be that many times the "spare" cylinder ( in this case it would have been the magnum cylinder) is the one that is stamped with the last 3 digits of the guns serial number,so there would be no numbers on the 22 lr..........usually the short 4 5/8 in and the long 9 1/2 inch guns are the scarcer of the line, especially if a 200th year gun and in stainless steel.....
a letter from the factory would tell you "how" ( what model/catalog number) the guns was shipped as, but I'd bet it was a convertible all along.

street

Hunter
Dan, at this time in Ruger history they were marking both cylinders with the last 3 numbers of the serial number. As with all production sometimes they forget, but just about all were both marked, or should be. Also as of now no 9 1/2 in Liberty Stainless Steel guns have been found.

street

Hunter
Rockrat! All New Model Liberty Super Single-Sixes were shipped with both cylinders. As for value and rarity. When I was collecting Liberty guns the 9 1/2 in Blue was very hard to find. I only saw a couple for sale at gun shows. Now that doesn't mean I am saying they are super rare but I just didn't see many. It was the same with the Blue 4 5/8 in. Liberty .22. I saw more of the Stainless Steel 4 5/8 in. guns then I saw of the Blue 4 5/8 in. guns. And they only made about 200 of the Stainless Steel. It's just hard to tell how many of these guns were made, but you just don't see many.