Could Someone Post A Picture of a Flatgate Box and Manual?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AjayTaylor

Bearcat
I'm looking for a Flatgate Box and Manual. One awesome member has found me a Box and ZManual, but I just want to make certain that they are the exact ones that came with a Flatgate. Thank You.

street

Hunter
Here are a couple of pictures that show you the box that you need. Notice that the box doesn't have a model number or barrel length on it. As for the paperwork I will need a serial number or better yet a shipping date.

Sorry for the poor pictures they are not mine I got them off the web!!!!! :roll:

410758920.jpg

410758919.jpg

Nanchulla

Bearcat
Thank You So Much! The Serial Is 41123. I just want to make sure that I buy the right stuff!

street

Hunter
Nanchulla said:
Thank You So Much! The Serial Is 41123. I just want to make sure that I buy the right stuff!
The parts list that you need will be determine by the shipping date of your gun. If it was shipped before Sept. 1956 then you need the paperwork that is not dated and only list the Single-Six see below:

410759272.jpg

If your gun was shipped after Sept 1, 1956 then you need the paperwork that has the parts list on the front sheet for:
Ruger Single-Six
Ruger Single-Six Lightweight
The .357 Magnum Caliber Blackhawk
The .44 Magnum Caliber Blackhawk
Sorry I don't have a picture for it.

here is an early RSS that was shipped as a flatgate, BUT Has the Premiere loading gate installed, this complete package has the split shipper, NON catalog end label on the lid of the box.........

the other day I sent you a picture of the LATER , RSS5 box, has the catalog number on it, and is for a much later serial number gun, , its for a 6 digit gun,,,,please note the differences

the early flatgate manuals have the "cloud" on the cover.......as streets' nice picture above shows.

Hey Dan,
I know a pal of ours in Ohio was looking for a split shipper package like that a while back. :)
Maybe he found one. I think he has Ruger magnets hidden in his shoes.
Come to think of it, ALL you Ohio gentlemen have those magnets!
He knows he can talk my future widow outta mine when I croak.For now, I'm feeling just fine. :p
( figured I could jack the thread as the original question was well covered.)

Nanchulla

Bearcat
That's a nice Single Six Dan! I think Your wife has help picking them out!

was offered to my wife from an estate sale, and hard to pass up on the $350 price tag 8) :wink:

sometime you must ask our friend Don, lives over near the radical One, of the time he was with me, and I "traded" a $375 Blackhawk for a 3 digit LW, in the box at the maumee gun show :roll:

Nanchulla

Bearcat
I need that box and that parts list. Mind being 41123 unless they got weird with them Serial Numbers mine should have shipped around July or so. That would really get me set up with my Dad's old Ruger.
A friend of his bought it brand new, but he bought a LOT OF Colt SAA's in the 40's and 50's, so when Dad bought it, Bruce probably had one of His Colts in the original box. He passed away about five years ago, and when I talked to him just before He passed away He had Alzheimer's so there was really no communication. What a shame. He was an awesome and brilliant man. RIP Bruce.

Latest posts