Walmart Black Friday sale

Help Support Ruger Forum:

groberts

Single-Sixer
Just saw the ad for Walmart's Black Friday sale. It includes 20% off new firearms. That's nearly $150 on a Mini-14. Must be in stock so if you want one you have to get their early.

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing I ever needed that required me to stand in line, in the cold, with a zillion others, in order to save $2.00. I'll pay the extra the day before or two days later.

TucsonDirt

Single-Sixer
Years ago when my kids were younger my wife went to an early black Friday sale at WM. She was actually knocked down in the rush to get to some sale item and though she was unhurt it scared her enough to quit going to those events.
Myself, I can wait for anything I want or need.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
cannot recall the last time I ventured into Walmart, errr White Trash Market. Now if I recall correctly, back when they removed all firearms there was a big uproar and call for boycotting them for being anti-2A. Guess saving a few dollars means more than holding to values.

TucsonDirt

Single-Sixer
Our WM is plenty 2A friendly. Lotsa ammo, Ar-15's, shotguns and rifles.
Only 22lr is scarce.

CraigC

Hawkeye
I wouldn't go to a Walmart on Black Friday if they were giving away stuff for free. Even guns.

I hate Walmart, even for ammo. I just ordered 1000rds of 9mm from Midway and even with shipping, before the $25 discount, it was cheaper than Walmart. All told, I saved $60 over White Trash Market. ;)

cannot recall the last time I ventured into Walmart, errr White Trash Market

Outside the realm of this post, I take exception to this statement. "Some of US" don't have the selection or choices available to completely bypass Walmart. We live 40 miles from a town big enough to have a Walmart and often have to do our grocery/general use shopping after local stores are closed. Being able to go to one store and buy aspirin, socks, a tail light bulb, and bread at 10PM is advantageous and usually cost effective(gas is usually significantly cheaper in that town vs. local).

9x19

Hunter
I don't do black Friday shopping, but shop regularly at the Wal-Mart I go past on the way home from work.

They have never stopped selling guns or ammo so I'm not sure where the anti rant comes from.

The last two Federal 550 rd boxes of .22s I bought there have been 23.97... how much is Midway charging?

AGE Ranger

Single-Sixer
Fox Mike said:
There is ABSOLUTELY nothing I ever needed that required me to stand in line, in the cold, with a zillion others, in order to save $2.00. I'll pay the extra the day before or two days later.
+1
Plus everytime I visit WalMart I feel the need to take a shower!

pharmer

Single-Sixer
What's the hurry. In Spring everything "shooting related" will be way cheaper than any sales today. Barring some mass shooting, March will be buying time as the fishing season starts. Joe

mohavesam

Hawkeye
There is some merit to shopping on Friday but firearms isn't it for me.

Sadly but predictably, WM bashers chime in - good to know there are so many members here who have risen their families above the self-disgrace of shopping at the stores millions of "commoners" shop at every day... :roll: :roll: :roll:

57springer

Buckeye
mohavesam said:
There is some merit to shopping on Friday but firearms isn't it for me.

Sadly but predictably, WM bashers chime in - good to know there are so many members here who have risen their families above the self-disgrace of shopping at the stores millions of "commoners" shop at every day... :roll: :roll: :roll:
I don"t get all the wally bashers either. :roll:

57springer

Buckeye
I was at wallyworld yesterday about noon and there were several people there buying guns. The cabinet was pretty bare, ammo case was half gone as well.

sourdough44

Single-Sixer
I have never been out on 'Black Friday', until this year. The younger Son wanted to go. We got to the local Wal-Mart about 0700, it was rather dead. There was light snow falling. The guy said it was busier the previous eve.

He bought one video game and away we went.

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
The Wal-Mart guy where I go told me about the 20% off sale, and suggested putting something on layaway. The sale was on for two days (27 adn 28th). So, no need to go in on BF.