I love revolvers!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jettyjay

Bearcat
I have a few SA revolvers, a Bisley Vaquero in .45 long colt, and a Taurus Single action in 38/357 which looks a whole lot like a Colt Frontier. But for plinking around the farm up until now the only .22's I own are a colt semi auto and a bunch of rifles. So I have been looking for a SAA in .22 for plinking affordably. But I wanted a yard gun with fixed sites. Well, I got caught up bidding and winning a awesome never fired Colt Frontier scout in nickel made in 1969. But the moment I purchased it, I realized I can't shoot that gun. it's 46 years old and still a virgin. So now I needed to buy another .22 SA
I ended up purchasing a Ruger bearcat SS new in box the next day. Neither gun has arrived yet from my FFL dealer its only been four or five days since I did the FFL and sent the bank checks. My wife has no idea I ended up buying two guns,she knew I was bidding on one, but I didn't win that time. After I lost that bidding war I was determined to get a yard gun.
I have plenty of guns but I feel like a kid waiting for Santa. Every time the phone rings in my wife's presence I am hoping it is not my gun dealer calling and telling me my guns are in. I want them bad, and it doesn't matter how many stupid pairs of shoes she buys I know she will not be happy with my purchases right at Christmas. It's funny I don't care what she buys or how much anything cost, but boy she gets nosey when I am getting ready to buy something. She has more shoes than Emelda Marcos, but she thinks I have too many guns. Anyway, I love the Bearcat and the Colt. And the bearcat will be my fun pistol and the Colt will be ? I'm not sure what it will be yet. It doesn't even have rotation marks on the cylinder. I know this is a Ruger Forum and everyone knows what a new bearcat looks like. Not sure how to post a pic of the Colt here. But when I figure it out I will post a pic. JJ

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Form!
You've got to teach your wife about the value of firearms vs other things. Tell her you are working on her inheritance.
That's if you can't get her into shooting.
:D :D

Go to the "Gallery" section here. Look at the top for a "sticky" on how to post pics. You will need to upload them to a service like "photobucket" to post them here.

Colt Scouts are very nice guns. But I think you will find the Bearcat is simply unique--nothing else like it! Very companionable. Especially with six Stingers aboard.

jettyjay

Bearcat
Mike Armstrong said:
Colt Scouts are very nice guns. But I think you will find the Bearcat is simply unique--nothing else like it! Very companionable. Especially with six Stingers aboard.
I know I will be nuts about the Bearcat, I love my Rugers, can't wait for it to arrive. Just bought 3250 rounds of ammo on gun broker. :D

gtxmonte

Buckeye
Wouldn't bother me a bit to run a bunch of rounds through that Colt. Take care of it and it will look no diff with ONE round through it vs 10,000

jimd441

Blackhawk
Hey Contender,

Your comment "We don't mind "other brands" here. It allows those brands to hang out with a bit of class!" goes down as a classic - great line.

Jim

Latest posts