Ruger 77/22 Timney Sear and Sear Spring kit

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loiblb

Single-Sixer
Has anyone done a Timney Sear and Sear Spring install for a Ruger 77/22?
I'm needing to work my 77/22 into shooting better.
Thanks

9x19

Hunter
I've used the same part from Volquartsen.

Installation is pretty easy and it does make a difference.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
I've never tried the Timney myself so can't help you there.
I have two 77/22's with T.L. MOYERS trigger and sear, which are fully adjustable, but hard to find.
Best,
Terry

loiblb

Single-Sixer
Well the Timney sear/spring kit came in. Got it installed in less then 30 min. but safety did not work. Stoned it a little and it works fine now. Was surprised to notice the barrel is the screw block changeable kind like the 10/22. As for the trigger, not able to say, it does feel better. But it needs a little time shooting to work in. The wood to metal clearance is tight on the action. For a .22lr looks like I got what I paid for, it's a well made rifle

loiblb

Single-Sixer
Got great results with the Timney sear kit at my range today. The trigger is a little light for for hunting, but on the bench it sure is sweet. They are great rifles but the trigger just needs some work

loiblb

Single-Sixer
The Timney sear shot very well today. I was surprize that even Remington Gold Bullet shot so well in my M77/22.
I had some R-50 to shoot but the Remington stuff did well, who would have thought. Anyway the Timney sear/spring and Leupold VX-2 3-9X33 EFR scope proved to be a good match for my rifle

WarpathEngineering

Single-Sixer
loiblb......Did you experience any issue after you put in your Timney? I just got one for my 77/22 and it will only cock the firing pin about half the time and most times will release the firing pin as I lower the bolt lever for lock up. I would imagine that if I tried this loaded the rifle would fire right off just by lowering the bolt. I put the factory spring in and it works fine. I called Timney and they said just stretch the spring out a little bit and retry which I did with the same results. I've got a call into them but won't here back till Monday. I'm thinking of sending it back and buying a Volquartsen or maybe just buy a Wolff spring and keep the Timney sear. I must say it did clean up the trigger but I was hoping to lighten it since I only use the rifle for target shooting.

loiblb

Single-Sixer
Sorry you had trouble with yours. The only work for me was on the safety. I had no issues otherwise.
My 77/22 is very nice to shoot now. I have not shot very good ammo in it yet.
I think it may now out shoot my CZ455.

WarpathEngineering

Single-Sixer
I know what you mean. I outfitted mine with a Williams peep sight and a Lee Shaver globe front. It's a real pleasure to shoot and seems to take any ammo I put thru it with the exception of hollowpoints which seem to get hung up coming out of the magazine. My only issue up to this point is the reliability of the magazines.