Arizona Ranger Vaquero - Update 2 w/ pics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was thinking they might be the pictures, I am in NW Tucson.

He must not want to sell it to bad, not to meet up with you. Good luck, hope it works out.

chet15

Hawkeye
Weaselmeat gravy...you out there??
Wasn't there an AZ rangers Vaquero that came out of the factory a while back?
Chet15

Lonestar6999

Bearcat
New to the forum and saw this thread while researching the same gun you were all talking about. I met with Dave today, very nice guy and I bought the .44 pictured above. This gun has never been fired and it is authentic. Just saying. I mentioned this thread to him and he said all he got was e-mails and a couple phone calls but nothing ever in stone. I talked to him about noon AZ time and met with him a couple hours later, purchased the gun after I inspected it and couldn't be happier! :D

tedwhite

Bearcat
I was an Arizona Ranger for five years attached to the Bisbee Company until 2012 and never heard of an Arizona Ranger Vaquero until I read this thread. Which isn't saying much as we were required to carry Glocks.

warthog197

Bearcat
I own two of these 45LC Stainless in a 7 1/2 barrel. They were special ordered back when I was an Tucson Arizona Ranger around late 80's early 90's through Ruger. One has been shot no box the other has never been shot with box all original from factory. Serial numbers I believe are 618 and 617. Rangers within Arizona had a choice of caliber, barrel length and finish. It was a one time good deal from factory all cash paid up front and it took around 6 months to fill our orders.
Still have them both :)