NM Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
I have a NM blackhawk in both 41 and 44 mag 's but as I am far sighted I am having a problem with the front sight. What can I do about being able to see the front sight better? I have been told tht the sight can not be changed and I should be able to just use white out on the sight to make it visible when shooting. Any help would be great. :roll:
Stumps13

jforwel

Bearcat
If you are just target shooting you can use the Lyman diopter, which is like a peep sight that sticks to your glasses. It somehow causes the eye to focus better on the sights. Or you can make the same thing out of electrical tape for free.

As far as painting the front sight you might consider some type of flourescent paint like orange or green which would contrast nicely against most backgrounds.

Or maybe pay a gunsmith to remove the factory front sight and dovetail the barrel so you could put in any sight you want. Then you could try a fiber optic sight such as William's firesights.

Good luck

dougader

Hunter
You can also see an optometrist and get a pair of prescription shooting glasses with a bi-focal set up so you can see the front sights when targeting your revolver.

gunslinger9729

Bearcat
I used the white out trick on mine and it worked very well but I only put a white dot on the top of the site so I still got good contrast against light objects.

Dale53

Blackhawk
Champions Choice in Tennessee has clip on flip up lenses that work quite well for me. You need to call them as their web site search engine is rather lame. The glasses are high quality and cost very little. You put them on your glasses just like the old flip up sunglasses. I believe that they have them in a couple of different powers.

They are experienced pistol shooters and can help you choose:

http://www.champchoice.com/

Dale53