Any info. on a Speed Six 38 spl. DAO

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I have one coming in any info. on this pistol ..2 3/4 ? looks like 3in. to me DAO 38 Spl. no import marks .no police marks.

33f.jpg

Three50seven

Buckeye
It looks like 2 3/4" to me. I don't think they made any 3". But then again, I didn't know they made any DAO models. Anyway, a very nice gun!

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
thanks looked for awhile till I found it .supposed action trigger job....
said to be smooth as butter.

chet15

Hawkeye
A lot of Ruger's production at the very end of the "SIX" series actually had 3" barrels. The postal Service got a bunch of them in the Speed-Six model (the stainless GS-33PS). Would be curious on the sn once you get it, and whether it does have a 3" barrel or not (you can send me a PM if you wish).
A lot of the spurless hammers were put on after factory, so probably won't letter as DAO from the factory. Even "SIX" series guns that are known to have come from the factory with a spurless hammer are known not to letter as DAO
Chet15

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
Thanks Chet...I'll let know it will most likely be next week or week after,,with the holiday.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
When you get your gun check and see if there is a "STAR" stamped inside the crane frame. Pic added.
Thanks
Terry

Bottom gun letters as a GS-83NYCPD (3" gun)

HPIM2019.jpg

The "Star"

HPIM2022.jpg

Terry

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
That is the gun that just sold on GunBroker and I suspect it is indeed a GS83-NYCPD since it came out of Merrick, NY. Barrel is 3" as stated in the ad. Same seller had a GF84-NYCPD (Service Six) that sold the prior week (the Speed Six was listed then too but closed with no bid). Both guns were duty arms for NYPD and the star was stamped by the NYPD armorer after inspection.

Glad someone here got it. When you know the SN, please post it, or let me or chet15 know. There are only a half dozen of so of each model known so far to collectors. There is a thread on here from a few months ago that discusses these in detail.

Here is a Speed Six w/letter:
GS-83NYCPD.jpg

Here is the Service Six, shipper says Speed Six but is numbered to gun:
GF-84NYCPD-162-41689.jpg

Here's another star pic:
GF-84NYCPD-star.jpg

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
Hey guys thanx for the info... I can't wait till the little Speed six comes in...i normaly would prefer a 357 Mag.. but being the gun is used ..I know that in a RUGER you can shoot all the 38 Spl. you want to out of it.

And for my use ,a 38 spl. is all I need ..I rarely if ever shoot 357 mag out of any of my DA or DAO ...I save the 357 fodder for my BLACKHAWKS
(Blackhawk at this time) down to only one.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I missed out a the Pawn Shop it was aa NIB ..it wasn't a DAO though...I would say how much it went for ..but I think its in your all best intrest that I keep it a secret (no use anymore grown men crying over a missed deal)
$ 198.00 OTD
Told yea anyway

It was marked in layaway..I went back a few days later and it was gone...
I left word through the broker ,to tell the lucky buyer they could make a easy $100.00 just to contact me ...

S. Kelly

Bearcat
NICE gun. I'm thinking of selling off my NYPD revolvers though-I collect too many things and need room (and cash).