New Model Blackhawks .45 versus Older Models

Help Support Ruger Forum:

coloradofarmboy

Bearcat
I am thinking about buying a .45 New Model Blackhawk to shoot hunting level loads. Is the New Model (currently available on the Ruger website) as strong as the older models? Ideally I want to be able to load any kind of Ruger spec loads for the .45 and wondered if this new model is up to the job.

Sugar River

Buckeye
In the 45 Blackhawk, yes, it's just as strong as the older models.

The smaller frame (weaker) models are the New Vaquero (all calibers) and the New Flat tops in 357 and 44 Special.

Hope this helps.

Pete

B.Roberts

Single-Sixer
Yes, they are every bit as strong. Main difference is that the new models can be carried safely with six rounds in the cylinder.
DSCF4818.jpg

My choice for heavy .45 colt loads is an Accusport bisley. I can't hold on to the xr3red gripframe as well. Other than the grip, the bisley is the same gun as a new model blackhawk.

coloradofarmboy

Bearcat
B.Roberts":18a5fq8r said:
My choice for heavy .45 colt loads is an Accusport bisley. I can't hold on to the xr3red gripframe as well. Other than the grip, the bisley is the same gun as a new model blackhawk.

That looks like the 5.5". Do you know where these can be bought new, preferably with the .45ACP cylinder included?

22bond

Single-Sixer
Yes, Ron is a great Seller. I bought one of those from Ron. If I had the money I would have bought a pair from him

B.Roberts

Single-Sixer
I really like that configuration. 5.5" barrel, .45colt/acp, bisley grip, and stainless steel. What is not to like? It is my favorite centerfire handgun. They can be tough to find locally, so maybe you should check out the link above. Apparrently Ron is well liked and respected.