OM Super Blackhawk ejector housing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I recently bought a Super, serial number 605x, for $310. I was told it was reblued but am not sure. I can post pics if that would help determine if it was.
What I want to do is replace the ejector housing as it is rusted and pitted pretty good. There is also another pit in the barrel but that doesn't bother me as much as the housing. I may have the barrel cut to 4.625" anyway. What are my options here? Will a housing from Brownells fit? Would it have a high polish blue or need to be blued? Should I post a WTB in the classifieds?

Thanks for the help.

SAJohn

Hunter
On the reblue issue, Flatgate has some great photos of how to tell. The upper half of the recoil shield will have a milled out flat with no blueing on a factory revolver. A reblue will have a mostly complete blue on the recoil shield unless someone is smart enough to use blueing removal solution on that part of the revolver.

edlmann

Blackhawk
c.r.":3e40us53 said:
if you go this route, be sure to select the correct (3/16" or 1/4") for your gun.
flattop44":3e40us53 said:
The 1/4" would be correct for your Super, it has a stud in the barrel.

With Ruger, Trust, But Verify.

The measurement is the diameter of the head of the screw that holds the ejector housing to the barrel.