Going rate for a NIB GP100 SS?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fp2000h

Bearcat
I see it at Cabela's for $549.99 for the 4" stainless and Hogue rubber grips. I've decided I want to shoot .357 through that revolver but I'm a little iffy on the price. There is a 4" blued model at Academy for $499.99 but that seems a little high as well. I've decided on it for an outdoors piece so I'm leaning toward the stainless finish. Opinions?

omalon

Bearcat
I have a friend who just picked up a new one for $529 out the door from Bass Pro. Used are going fot $200 to $350 plus shipping and FFL fees. Hope this helps.....

marlboro man

Bearcat
there is a thread in the revolver section or could be in the gallery section called GP for $299 i think there was a shop thay were selling used ones at that price. i dont know if they still have them or not, but its worth a look!

epj

Bearcat
Good used examples for less than $400-$450 are pretty scarce around here. New ones run about $525-550, plus 9-10% sales tax depending on the municipality purchased in.

LTB45

Bearcat
I just got one last week on GunBroker. GP 100 SS 4"
New In Box. $450 + $18 shipping and my LGS charged me $30 for the Xfer.

That is $498 NIB & in my hand...I think that I did pretty good considering I did go searching all Gun shops in my area and couldn't even find one in stock.

Sweet shooter!!!

G. Freeman

Bearcat
It costs around $550.00 here in So. Cal when they're on sale from a major chain. If you are able to hand-select your GP and inspect it thoroughly, then that price is decent.

BudsGunShop has them brand-new for $500.00 but you lose that ability to inspect the gun before you buy.

That deal for $299.00 (used) from a New Mexico dealer is gone. They had around 300 GP-100's and they sold out very quickly.

William Wilson

Bearcat
I just bought one and love it I paid 529.00 for a new from a gun store in Texas. I have seen the GP-100 six inch the same price as my 4" Blue model. the price of 529.00 was out the door with tax. It was about 470.00 or so. look around you can beat the price.

PD Bill :)

fp2000h

Bearcat
Bit the bullet, so to speak, and got the 4" model. Wow. Worth every penny. I am not a Smith man. I know this now. This revolver is a superb piece of craftsmanship. I am quite enamored with this purchase decision.

Stiofan

Bearcat
fp2000h":1xvrr3fa said:
Bit the bullet, so to speak, and got the 4" model. Wow. Worth every penny. I am not a Smith man. I know this now. This revolver is a superb piece of craftsmanship. I am quite enamored with this purchase decision.

I bought mine for full price, 4" stainless. Cost me $285 out the door.

Of course that was in 1986. Hang on to it, you made a good buy. It'll last your lifetime and then some.

Carry_Up

Single-Sixer
I guess someone should add the obvious, namely that the purchase price is the minor consideration. That is the unfortunate truth for this potentially excellent product. I say potentially because unless you are extremely lucky, what you will receive is an unfinished project gun which will demand countless hours of your time, or a gunsmith's time, to bring it to the level of a smooth, reliable and enjoyable firearm. I've done it now with 3 Ruger revolvers and I won't do it again. I have about 20 hours a piece on my SP101's and the same on my GP100. What's the time worth to you? One more consideration. If you happen to screw up the hammer or trigger, all your careful work is lost because these parts aren't available. Or, more correctly, they are available of you send the gun to Ruger, but they will re-install new parts fresh out of the casting machine and you will be starting all over. Just some extra thoughts on the saving of a few bucks.

Carry_Up

LTB45

Bearcat
Well I guess that I am one of the lucky ones. The finish on mine is beautiful and the trigger is smooth enough the way it is. No need for new springs or trigger job. It works fine!

But I should mention that I don't like the Hogue grips that came stock on it so I got the old style grips with custom Ivory inserts and Ruger medallions.

Those did cost some money but very little time. Well worth it since NONE of my handguns still have stock grips on them. I personalize all of them.

TreeDoc

Bearcat
I buy all of my rugers used and check them over carefully. I have found being the 3rd owner of well cared for piece is perfect. Trigger/action smoothed up and with a few wear marks or nicks the price comes down quite a bit. Just picked up a GP 4' stainless, security co. turn in for $281.00 out the door. Beat up a little, yes. Dirty as heck, yes, even had what looked like ketchup in the action, this gun must have been guarding a burger joint. Field strip, some CLP, 600 grit for the nicks and now have a great HD and woods bumming gun.
I think Rugers are a great value as working guns not collector pieces.

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
I saw four of them yesterday, in a local gun shop. They were all blue, two with full lugs, and two with half lugs. I believe that all of them were priced at $469. They were all 6" bbl, and NIB.
Earl.

LTB45

Bearcat
EarlFH":c2r3zy0f said:
I saw four of them yesterday, in a local gun shop. They were all blue, two with full lugs, and two with half lugs. I believe that all of them were priced at $469. They were all 6" bbl, and NIB.
Earl.

Being a newbie to the GP 100, can anyone tell me when they started the full lug on these guns?

Thanks

fp2000h

Bearcat
I must have lucked out with my purchase as well. The trigger is pretty good and I expect it will only lighten up with time. I've had no issues with the cylinder not opening or closing but I haven't shot it yet. Maybe a night this week...