Blackhawk Hunter Optic Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

spook1

Bearcat
I have a Ruger Blackhawk Hunter in 44 mag and was wondering if anyone has mounted a Burris Fastfire sight in place of the rear sight. I would like to mount one here so I could still carry it in a side holster without any modifications. I was wondering if anyone had did this to this particular model and if so, how it worked out. The Burris sight shows a mount for Ruger rifles, Redhawks, and Blackhawk Hunters. Any advice or information is really appreciated.

Thanks

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum.
While I haven't tried that combination I would think it would be just fine. I think that all that would be required would be a weaver style base that will mount on the Ruger ring base grooves. Then the Burris could be mounted in the weaver base. I do know that the Burris Fastfire is a good sight system as I see them in USPSA competition.

spook1

Bearcat
The way the burris site shows, the fastfire mount for the Ruger blackhawk hunter replaces the rear sight. This would allow for easy holstering. The reason I was wondering if anyone had done this is because there was a gentleman who told me that he couldn't get the Burris mount to work in place of the rear sight. I figured if Burris marketed a product to do this, then it should work.

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
spook1":19u7xxvd said:
The Burris sight shows a mount for Ruger rifles, Redhawks, and Blackhawk Hunters.

That mount is for the Ruger ring mount cuts that are integral to the gun. The fact that the sight fits Ruger rifles as well as the handguns should have been a sign. The rifles don't have rear sight slots like the handguns do. This base fits the ring cuts which will affect holster selection.
Sorry.