weird thing with a NV ...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

redeux

Bearcat
it has been fired about 3 bx of cowboy loads.
the pin that retains the firing pin/bushing? is dropping into the frame from the top left of the frame...
its sunk about 1/8" so far...
i have never seen anything like this before.
wth?

flatgate

Hawkeye
It appears the pin's bore is slightly oversize. A quick fix would be to remove the pin, noting exact orientation, and adding a very, very slight "bend" prior to reinstallation.

A call to Ruger's Service Department and some kind words will probably get your a "Post Paid" shipping container.......

JMHO,

flatgate

redeux

Bearcat
thanks , the owner hasn't noticed it yet , but i thought i'd ask because its one of the most nicely finished NV i've ever seen...
will the CCH finish cause any problems as to correcting this for him...?

JimMarch1

Blackhawk
If you're going to send it into Ruger, you might want to ask them to re-finish the gun in all-blue. The fake-case cheesy rust-attracting mess of a paint job has finally been dumped by Ruger and they're re-finishing existing guns at the customer's request.

redeux

Bearcat
JimMarch1":3v541ioj said:
If you're going to send it into Ruger, you might want to ask them to re-finish the gun in all-blue. The fake-case cheesy rust-attracting mess of a paint job has finally been dumped by Ruger and they're re-finishing existing guns at the customer's request.
that will be up to the owner , if he becomes observant enough to see the problem then the nv will go back to ruger...
sad , really ...
its the best cch nv i've seen except for this pin sinking into the frame...