RANGE BOX

Help Support Ruger Forum:

J. D. Moreguns

Bearcat
Im just getting in to the Old Army thing and want to put together a range box of some sort with the stuff I'll need when I'm out shooting it. Awhile back someone posted some photos of theirs but I can't find it and I don't remember what all was in it. Any ideas out there. :idea: :roll:

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
I bought a plastic tool box and use that w/o the top tray. It keeps my gear and it was cheap! best, greg :)

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I've got a range bag that I got from Springfield Armory and it works great (it even has "XD" embroidered on top, but my Rugers don't seem to mind). It's got million pockets and places to store stuff.

ChuckS1

Bearcat
Probably not what you're looking for, but I use a Gun Ho pistol box. It's designed for the bullseye shooting crowd and kinda expensive (and heavy) compared to other options, but my bullseye pistols don't mind sharing.

What I thought was really slick was a Stanley tool box on wheels that a Sharps rifle shooter had at the range. Big enough to carry all kinds of stuff in with lots of trays and drawers, plus it was on wheels like a carry-on bag.

Axehandle

Buckeye
Stanley plastic toolbox here.... One that has compartments in the lid... Enough lid compartments to hold 50 and 45 cal felt wads, balls, caps, powder measure etc.... The bottom has plently of room for a few cans of 777, Pyrodex, spares for the lid, etc.... :D

don44

Hunter
I use a fishing chest, the ones that have all those little drawers and all. It is pretty big, but sometimes I need all these things. It's better to have something and not need it than need something and not have it. :wink:

DGNY

Bearcat
A different approach - I finally gave up on plastic tool boxes, which are pretty good, actually, and use a large LL Bean canvas bag. I also use it to carry revos in their zip-rugs.

And - you get exercise carrying it and looking in it for everything...

Naturally, YMMV.

Regards,

Dyson

I have a large red plastic tool box, with ammo and short bbl revolver in the bottom and top tray with tools, oil, rags, glasses and other misc stuff. If I need extra ammo there is a military metal ammo box that comes along.
There was a State BP shoot last weekend and some of those guys had some really nice wood boxes they made.