Clements #5 44 Special on a NM 357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Axehandle

Buckeye
Gun is in hand.... Spec sheet reads:
Stainless 6 shot oversize cyl. with recessed caseheads, unfluted
5 1/2" stainless Express barrel with barrel band front sight. Partridge style blade and gold bead blade included. Blades attach with small screw from side of sight base
Action job with 3# trigger, freewheeled cyl.
#5 base pin with lock screw
Cresent head ejector rod
Bisley gripframe, hammer, and trigger with gripframe converted to #5 configuration
Custom made antique micarta grips
Factory flattop rear sight with notch opened to .125" W
Action has been tightened and blocked for tight lockup
#5 logo engraved on topstrap
Receiver is remarked Ruger Blackhawk, caliber is engraved on side of barrel next to receiver
Matte hardchrome finish on all parts except sights and springs

009.jpg

001.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

375_H&H_Mag

Bearcat
Axehandle,

Nice gun in NICE chambering. The 44 spec. is a classic. I am fond of it. I have a SBH old model I hope to be sending to Clements before too terribly long. The work exhibited on your gun is encouraging for my sending mine to him. My request will be modest in comparison to yours.

1) Belt mountain base pin
2) The "bushing" he places at the rear of cylinder inside cogs for beefing up recoil surface area.
3) New rear sight (probably bowen)
4) Steel ejector housing
5) possibly cut barrel (I really hate to cut this thing but might be better.)

Out of curiosity, what was the turn around time for your piece?

The barrel band gives it an exotic look. Again, nice, very nice gun. Enjoy.

Axehandle

Buckeye
This gun was ready to be delivered when I found it.... The top drawer gunsmiths are pretty backed up.... The only way to know how long is to ask them...

Boge

Single-Sixer
Simply stunning. :shock: That front barrel band/sight combo is gorgeous. I'd be afraid to ask what this Roscoe cost. :wink:

Axehandle

Buckeye
I'm not telling what I paid for this jewel... Not on the open forum anyway :wink: Will say that I bought it off David's web site so the price was there for all to see for about 1 day :D

I think 2 Dogs nailed the concept of a "#5" pretty well.. It is beyond just a identical copy of the original. Call it more of an idea than a cookie cutter gun. Sure you can copy the original down to the last bit of engraving. A few copies have been made through the years... The TLA, Clements, Reeder, Harton versions maintain the flavor of the original with caliber, 44 Special, and that odd grip frame... Bill Grover named his version well as the "Improved #5" and offered it in more than just 44 Special...

Axehandle

Buckeye
No doubt this one raised the "What is the most you have spent on a single gun" bar for me.... But if you look at comparable products from top drawer gunsmiths it is about the same... Paying that full new gun price was the killer... I usually like for someone else to take that new gun hit ..... Make mine second hand... :D