Technical question about sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

375_H&H_Mag

Bearcat
Is the rear sight on this Super Blackhawk OM supposed to have "clicks" when turning the ELEVATION screw? The sight looks a little boogered up around the screw head base and doesn't click. As this is my first gun, I do not know how it supposed to be. When screwed out to raise point of impact ( raise rear sight)
the spring loaded sight doesn't seem to hold much tension against the screw which will unscrew easliy with the fingers if the sight is pushed down and tension is taken off screw. Is this normal? I think I will ge upgrading to a bowen sight anyway but will be a while. This thing looks like it will back out while shooting. :shock:

BTW, I hope I am not posting to much. This is my first SBH and just have a few questions here and there. Thanks.

tek4260

Buckeye
Sounds like someone has removed the rear sight and lost the detent ball and spring. You can post a WTB ad in the classified section here and I am sure you can get one. Also, if you press down on the rear sight, the screw will turn easily. I doubt you will have any trouble with it turning on its own under recoil, even without the detent ball.

375, i'm with tek on this. Sometimes people don't get BOTH springs back in also. Let me know if you need parts. The Bowen or the Millet rear sight work great on Rugers.
Eric

Latest posts