What is a good, lockable pistol case?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nnero93

Bearcat
Hey everyone,

I am just looking for some suggestions on a lockable pistol case. I want one where my GP100 wont shift around like it does in the case it came with. I also want one that is lockable. I want my pistol locked separately in its own case that is portable as well. And for safety reasons as well. My guns are in a cabinet and all my ammo is locked in a different location in a dry box (except for some 00 Buck for my mossberg 500 and now a speedloader with .357s). I just got a Bianchi accumold holster for when I carry the gun.

Thanks,

Nate

ElToro

Single-Sixer
how much do you want to spend ?you can get a MTM fro about $8 bux or you can get a Pelican for $100+. there are some all metal ones out there in the 100$+ range as well.

if i was taking my handgun on a trip that included air travel, i'd go pelican. if its to teh range its the cheapy or even a soft rug.

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
Fort Knox Pistol Box

10ga steel
Has 4 mounting screw holes in the bottom
Has a little piston to aid with the lid open and closure

It is not portable though...

For portability, I use a Pelican case

Regards,

MD

nnero93

Bearcat
I was thinking of spending around $50. I saw a pistol safe at wal-mart but it had an electronic keypad which i really didnt like and it was at wal-mart. I only buy there if i have too. I will look into your suggestions. Im sure the pelican ones are great. I have a pelican flashlight that is indestructible, i like it better than maglites.

c.r.

Single-Sixer
nnero,

I'm not sure on the price differences, but you might look at pelican camera cases. Or other manufactuer's camera cases.

i just did a quick google and came up with this one. look for the pelican 1300, it's ~$45.
http://www.casesbypelican.com/app-1300.htm

you can search the sight for other models and other manufactuers' products. I don't know anything about that site, it's just the first one that popped up in a google search and it has nice pics.

actually the 1400 looks like a better option, few more bucks though

good luck,
c.r.

Latest posts