Pics of two piece gripframe on single six, finally

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk

The first three pics are the two piece grips that I fitted to the single six. First try, so I hope to improve. Next pictures are of other grips that Carl made form me. Second revolver is a .45 Colt with his grips and the last are of the three sets of grips he has made for me so far. The 7 1/2 is a .45 Colt also that I picked up in 71 I believe. He does good work and is reasonable. Hank.

I do not know what I did wrong to make the pics so small. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Hank.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I guess you aren't using the correct URL

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr16 ... ure066.jpg

Picture066.jpg

flatgate

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk
Thanks Carl. I found out that you can click on them and they get larger, but not like what you posted. I probably hit the wrong button, or did not hit any.lol Par for the course. Thanks again buddy.

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
It is funny have a couple Carls on this forum. You've got the asteemed flatgate and myself and I get caught off guard on occastion.

I was wondering how that 2-piece grip frame was going to work on a Ruger. Did you have to drill the cylinder indexing pin hole in front of the trigger guard or did you skip it?

The grips look good though, thanks for posting the end result!

BTW: The pics are small because they are thumbnails. When you click on them they get a lot bigger.

There is no "cylinder indexing pin" in an Old Model grip frame.

Thre is a hole for the trigger return spring and plunger, however. These pieces are visible right behind the upper end of the trigger in the pictures.

Good question though. Did you have to drill the hole for these parts?

:D

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk
I did not Ale, came like that. I thought they were Colt grips because they were twio piece, but once I shaped them do fit, they worked fine. Carl Schultz is the guy who built the grips for me. I had his name in a previous post. I call him Carl because of familiarity. For all I know, there might be 7000 Carls here. Flatgate Carl is the one who made the large picture. I will get the hang of it someday.lol It just did not occur to me to use his last name again. My error. I have a card of his if anyone wants to contact him. Let me know and I will pm the information to you, or can post it here if anyone is interested. Best to all here, Hank.

CraigC

Hawkeye
The Old Models also have a spring and plunger in the front portion of the grip frame, this is the bolt spring. This is what I assume Carl is referring to. If you did not have to modify the grip frame for those two plungers, then it must be a Power Custom grip frame. I have to assume it is, based on that and the triggerguard shape. Either way it looks great! Hard to beat a spiffy Old Model Single Six!

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk
You are right Craig. Power Custom. My memory is still bad after the accident, but that name brought it back. I have another set that I am going to shape and put on another 4 5/8 old model single six, and ask my buddy to make another set of grips for it. Hope to do a better job this time. What makes it nice is that he makes them fuller so they are more of a handful, and the brass seems to balance out the revolver better. I am in heaven with it. Thanks, Hank.

Sorry, but factory Old Models don't have that spring & plunger in the front of the grip frame. The New Models do, however.

I'm looking at one of each as I type this.

If you have an after-market grip frame, it may be prepared for both applications, but I have no knowledge about these.

:D

GhosT

Blackhawk
Damn,

Those are shiny and sweet looking grips!

TOTAL KUDOS...and some envy gunslinger_h

THOSE ROCK! :wink:

Folks , notice the BRASS..
SOOOOO adds to the looks!

CraigC

Hawkeye
Oops, I completely missed that one! No excuse for it either, I've got an Old Model XR3 on a shelf behind me right now. For shame.....

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk
Ale, the only one that is not aftermarket is the one on the 7 1/2. It is Ruger production. Not sure where the one is from on the short .45. it was on the revolver when I bought it. Hank.