SP 101 9MM

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Knuckles

Buckeye
I don't understand what the big fuss is with SP101 9mm ... What'... is 38psec. / 38spec.+p / .357mag chopped liver?

It just bugs me... like back when the Winchester lever action rifles that sat around in the racks all those years while all the Marlins sold for more... now they're treasured like they were "The Best Ever Made"...

... it just bugs me.

:roll:

rbannon

Bearcat
One 3" 9mm with box and papers just sold on GB with a $375 buy it now. The box was one of the plastic ones. Seems like most of the 9mm SP's I have seen were in cardboard so I don't know if it was the original box. It was tempting!

MagnumM56

Bearcat
when I once owned one of those 9mm SP's-I puchased it new together with the SP short frame .357 125 gr-they were in cardboard boxes-the clips for the 9mm were plastic-wouldn't mind seeing a 125gr only .357 SP again

bhp9mm

Bearcat
i was the one that got the one on gunbroker and called the ones off gunamerica when the shop open but it had sold

smahaley

Bearcat
I picked one up about a year ago at a gunshow, it's a sweet shooter and cheaper to shoot than my 357.I use it mostly for training since it has more recoil than the 22 that i do most of my range sessions with.

MAC702

Single-Sixer
Also makes a good BUG for someone who carries a 9mm sidearm. Get some 1911 single-stack magazines and you have flat speedloaders, too.

GhosT

Blackhawk
Own a 2 1/4" SP101 .357 magnum...and love it.

That said...
Know a guy that owns a few of the 9mm versions.
Some envy involved.

That round seems perfect for the crossover from a semi-auto to a snubbed revolver!

9x19

Hunter
If you spend a little time with a chronograph, you'll find the 9mm beats the snot out of .38+P from a 3" tube... the .357 will give more velocity than the 9mm, but that comes with significantly more muzzle flip and blast!

The 9mm in a revolver works very well and full-moon clips offer a very fast reload... my SP101 came in a plastic case with steel moon-clips... never seen plastic clips.

SP101-9.jpg