New Vaquero grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ABgunner

Bearcat
Hi, I'm new here, and I was curious about custom grips for the new model vaquero. My father and I just bought two stainless new vaquero's (5 1/2" barrel) with consecutive serial numbers, and we'd like to get some nice wooden grips for 'em. I'm personally interested in ebony or some other dark wood, but the pics on Eagle's website aren't very good, and the pics for ebony new vaquero on hogue's website are non-existant. Anyone have any advice or pics of custom grips? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
For the absolute best looking wood grips,,, check out our own forum member Cary Chapman,, also known as Caryc. His grips are works of art. Period. None better.
I think his website is;
www.clccustomgrips.com
Double check that though.

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
That is indeed Cary's site. If his grips are a bit too much for your wallet to swallow (and they are some of the finest grips in the world I might add), I can provide you with grips as well. I haven't worked with ebony myself though, I generally use black micarta for black grips. It has a bit of a faint laminiate wood look and shines up real nice. Click on my logo below to access my website. I have a pair (of terrible photographic quality) shown under "Order Grips". I can always special order materials to suite your taste.

Additionally, 41Magnum and Woodpile of this forum make custom grips.

pete44ru

Hunter
Although they're not the Ebony you want, for about $50, I bought a set of custom checkered Rosewood grips for my NV on the Ruger website.

DSCN0517.JPG

BTW - There are at least four RF members who are custom gripmakers, and can TCB 4 U.

contender

Ruger Guru
Pvtschultz is also a good grip maker who is also an esteemed member. I apologize for not mentioning him as well. (It's been a long week & I was tired!) My apologies to Carl!