Ruger SS Bisley S. Blackhawk .44 mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

918victor

Bearcat
Hello all,
I have a Ruger SS Blackhawk with bisley grips and a 5.5" barrel. It is chambered in .44 Mag. It is one of the accusport bisleys. I need to sell it. Can anyone tell me what its approx. value might be.

Thanks a lot

Matt

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
No more than $600, because new ones were recently available for that price. It really depends on how fast you want it to sell. List it for $450 and it will go in a hurry, assuming it is in excellent condition. At 550-600, it will probably sell, but you may have to wait a while for someone to bite.

I'd say the shorter barrel stainless models are in demand and it should go fairly quickly at $500.
You can always go a little high and negotiate. Also depends of where you plan on listing it, or as consignment at your LGS.

c.r.

Single-Sixer
918victor":38d9gzes said:
Hello all,
I have a Ruger SS Blackhawk with bisley grips and a 5.5" barrel. It is chambered in .44 Mag. It is one of the accusport bisleys. I need to sell it. Can anyone tell me what its approx. value might be.

Thanks a lot

Matt

matt, you might want to search through the archived classifieds section here and see if you can come up with a price. Also, go to gunbroker.com and search "completed" auctions for what ones have actually sold for.

This is a stainless 5 1/2 44 mag....AKA "accusport"........not an "accusport" in 45 Colt. I reckon you'll find quite a difference in selling price between the 44's and 45's. the 44's tend to demand a few more bucks than the 45s... I'll p.m. you with a few links if i can find them.

Good luck,
c.r.

edit: of course the above is just my opinion

918victor

Bearcat
Thanks alot guys. I just found this forum while searching for info. What a great resource. I didnt know you could search thru old auctions at Gunbroker.

Thanks
Matt

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
Last one I saw on GB went for $850 NIB.

If you list it with a Buy It Now of $450, it won't last 15 minutes on GB. It's worth a great deal more than that. It's the rarest of it's kind by far.

My advice would be to list it w/o a BIN. You'll be pleasantly suprised at how much it brings. Good luck.

dougader

Hunter
I agree that the 44 mag 5.5" SS Bisley should fetch a bit better price than the 45 Colts. They aren't as available. Check gun broker and you'll see.

Personally, I wouldn't let it go for a penny under $500 and $600 is probably more like it, depending on condition.

CraigC

Hawkeye
It's a shame that the .45's get all the attention while the .44's didn't get another run. We got one for Dad when they first became available. Had Cary put some spalted karelian birch on it. It likes a 240gr GDHP over 22.0gr 2400.
Bisley%20.44x5_%20-%20011.JPG

It's his piglet slayer. He says it's more sporting to wait until they take off running. Personally, I think he's just showin' off. :p
Black%20River%20-%20004.JPG

c.r.

Single-Sixer
matt, per our p.m.'s........pic of pig hunting :?: ,.......it's a sign of what you should do. :wink:

craig, those are some incredible looking grips.

~c.r.

918victor

Bearcat
CraigC":272l3bk9 said:
It's a shame that the .45's get all the attention while the .44's didn't get another run. We got one for Dad when they first became available. Had Cary put some spalted karelian birch on it. It likes a 240gr GDHP over 22.0gr 2400.
Bisley%20.44x5_%20-%20011.JPG

It's his piglet slayer. He says it's more sporting to wait until they take off running. Personally, I think he's just showin' off. :p
Black%20River%20-%20004.JPG

Oh thanks. I wasnt having a hard time before. Those are some beautiful grips. Do you have more info on Cary who did the grips. Maybe I can sell something else instead, like a kidney.

Matt

Vic

Bearcat
( To the best of my knowledge, there was only the one run of them back in '03 or so ).

.............reference to "new ones" was made earlier in this thread, so I was asking. The only "run" of SS Bisley BH's in 44 mag was awhgile back by Accusport. There is a recent run of SS Bisley BH's in 45 Colt with a 45 ACP extra cylinder.....still available as far as I know.

Regards, Vic

Latest posts