A Lipsey's 44 Special for Everyone! 8/24/09 All Gone!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Axehandle

Buckeye
Visited dealer today... He just got in 30 Lipsey's 44 Specials. 15 of each barrel length... Contact Larry's Pistol and Pawn in Huntsville AL... Telephone 256-534-1000 or email John Hering at wildcat64 at gmail.com with the standard replace the at with @ and eliminate the space before and after.... Tell him that Stan George sent you... ;D

Axehandle

Buckeye
I think they are marked as sale items at $479... While I can't guage your horse trading ability from here they usually hold to their sale prices pretty tight...

Hammer

Single-Sixer
Phone line has been busy all morning.

No response to email.

Axehandle

Buckeye
Don't worry about the busy telephone... I usaully get a busy signal myself... Send John an email... They are having a Ruger promotion today and tomorrow and those guys are stepping and fetching....

gak

Buckeye
No demand for the ,44 at all. Ruger, are you listening? Regular production mid frame .44 Sp BHs and New Vaqueros please.

dougader

Hunter
I got an email back from John. He said he would pass my info on to their internet sales guy in the morning.

Hammer

Single-Sixer
Got an email back too.

Which one of us gets passed along first ?

MagnumM56

Bearcat
I got an e mail yesterday stating that mine (one in each BBL length) was put aside for me-saw the other posts about serial no.'s and the like -don't care about the serial no.'s -I hope that those two puppys get to me this week after waiting forever for another outfit to land these for me with no dice-are these things made of Gold or something? I love the cartridge-.44spcl and I love the gun-blackhawk-have owned my share in my time(like maybe 50-60) including all of the OM and NM 45/45s with the boxes shipping sleeves and all that-now all I want are the two in this caliber that I can go enjoy at the range-my days of chasing the special eds -which one can do If he spends the whole day doing it for a long while-has come and gone

Axehandle

Buckeye
Guys! jdhart Either called the wrong place or is intentionally misleading everyone... This gun shop still has at least 16 FT 44 Specials sitting on the shelf as of 4PM 11 Aug 09... Saw them myself.

The store manager told me that if you want one or two or... Contact their internet sales rep at [email protected]

jdhart

Bearcat
Why the hell would I try to mislead anybody about that. I called to buy one and the woman I talked to said they didnt have any left. Maybe she didnt know what she was talking about and if that is the case then she should have asked somebody. I also emailed them and never got a response.

Rainman

Blackhawk
Hey guys, I don't have a dog in this fight but it sounds like a good opportunity to get one of the nicest guns Ruger ever made. I waited what seems like forever for mine and it was worth the wait. The 4 5/8 balances like a dream and feels like a revolver should.

jdhart: You live in a great part of the world. One of my best trips West was to the museum in Canyon to see Charles Goodnight's stuff and going over to Dalhart to the XIT museum. Palo Dura is awesome as was Adobe Walls.

Welcome to the forum.

Dan

Axehandle

Buckeye
No argument here that there was a miscommunication somewhere... Bottom line is:

This gun shop still has at least 16 FT 44 Specials sitting on the shelf as of 4PM 11 Aug 09... Saw them myself.

The store manager told me that if you want one or two or... Contact their internet sales rep at [email protected]

jdhart

Bearcat
Got an email from Troy and I am in luck and ordering one. Rainman thanks for the welcome. I apologise about sayin they were out but that is what I was told from a woman at 1-256-534-1000.

dougader

Hunter
Axehandle":29yqer2m said:
No argument here that there was a miscommunication somewhere... Bottom line is:

This gun shop still has at least 16 FT 44 Specials sitting on the shelf as of 4PM 11 Aug 09... Saw them myself.

That's not what Troy told me about an hour ago. I bought a 4-3/4" 44 Special Ruger and he said they were all spoken for or sold now.

But don't take my word for it. Email or call John or Troy and make sure.

I mean, I sure don't want to dissuade anyone from trying. I got mine and would love to see others here get one, too.

Axehandle

Buckeye
I have a hard time believing that unless you boys really got fired up at 4:30 today.... Maybe all the 4 5/8 guns... I'll find out the truth tomorrow and post an update...

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Mine are supposed to ship tomorrow-and arrive at the FFL here Friday. They are very nice folks at that outfit. Can't wait for them haven't been this excited about a firearms aquisition for a long while