New here, just got first pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nnero93

Bearcat
Hey everyone. I am new here I just got my first pistol, a Ruger GP100 with SS finish and a 4" barrel. At first I thought it would be too much for me because I have small hands but it feels perfect. The only other handguns I have fired before are a Walther P22 and a Ruger P90 So far I have only shot 50 rounds of 38 special and only 6 of .357 I am beyond impressed with my purchase and could not be happier. I have been waiting three years to finally get a GP100 and finally got one less than a week after getting my pistol permit. I already had the manual downloaded and read through many reviews. I guess all this info isnt necessary but I am happy I wanted to tell someone, haha. Thanks.

oldgoat46

Bearcat
You are going to love that GP 100. Probably one of the strongest most durable pistols ever made. If I had to choose just one of my many handguns. that would be the one.

rugerlovah

Single-Sixer
you made a real good choice on a 1st handgun. be sure to pick up a .22 also ....

Knuckles

Buckeye
A great gun to start with.. it will do most anything you need it to.

I like pictures!
:wink:

KENFU1911

Bearcat
Congrats..... you picked a good one, one of these days I may get one too.... after I wear out all these Security Sixes I have..... :wink: .......Ken

nnero93

Bearcat
Thanks everyone, im really happy so far. How do you post pictures on this forum? I will try to get some up.

COR

Blackhawk
Now you'll need to get set up to reload and you'll find that the .357 caliber has a vast range of loads that can be used (especially in a GP100) from powder puff to heavy for caliber 180+. Welcome to this great forum and let us know how it shoots.

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
Welcome, nnero! You could not have made a better choice for your first handgun. Congratulations!

You will find that the good people here can offer a huge wealth of advice on the care and feeding of your GP--not that it needs much. I am sure you will enjoy that gun for many years. Just don't hesitate to ask if any questions come up about it.

nnero93

Bearcat
Thanks again for all the replies. I will have lots of questions in the future, especially when it comes to reloading. My friend and I are going to split the costs when the time comes. I really know nothing about it.