Something different on this SBH

Help Support Ruger Forum:

c.r.

Single-Sixer
Ok, I purchased this SBH new in Jan of '09. I've shot maybe 200 rounds at the most out of it, probably more like 100. I'm not a big fan of this gun, so I took it out of the safe trying to decide what I could do with it. chop the barrel? change grip frames?.............Any way, I didn't notice this till just today. This is the only/best pic i have available.
DSCN0168-2-1.jpg

cropped shot of just the barrel
DSCN0168-2-1-1.jpg

figured it out? No warning label what so ever, not on the side, not underneath. and it's not on the other side. Now the kicker is this gun has been sent back to Ruger for a cock-eyed front sight. I had to check my pics to make sure there was no warning on the barrel before it went to Ruger. Just in case something changed while at Ruger......... and the above pic is prior to going off to Ruger.

the ser# is 87-76306. Is this unique or nothing any different than any other stainless SBH w/ a 7 1/2" barrel.........by the way, it does not have the Ruger logo on the rear sigt and the grips are laminates.

EDIT:........correction, i purchased this gun on 12/20/08, it was the last purchase of '08, not the first purchase of '09

~c.r.

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
Have you gotten it back w/o the Billboard as well? It seems to me that they'd make sure that it had all the appropriate "accessories" before they sent it back to you.

c.r.

Single-Sixer
pvtschultz":3q8ksmgu said:
Have you gotten it back w/o the Billboard as well? It seems to me that they'd make sure that it had all the appropriate "accessories" before they sent it back to you.

Yes sir,
Received it back from Ruger a couple months or so ago, it came back w/o the billboard as well. That surprised me as well........but that is what made me go check old pics.

I don't know why I just noticed it, but for some reason I did, so i went digging through old pics to see if I could find any before i sent it. I found this pic and another one, but the other wasn't as good of a pic.

But yep, as best as I can tell I bought it new w/o the billboard, went to Ruger and came back the same way. I think it's kind of neat. 8)

~c.r.

BearStopper

Blackhawk
I have never seen laminate grips or one missing the markings on the barrel. I didn't realize that Ruger was going to a laminate grip.

mt

Single-Sixer
It just prove's the point "anything" can happen at Ruger. I think it's neat.

I just sent a stainless NM Blackhawk back for a taller front sight and when it was returned they also replaced the rear sight with one of the new ones with the "logo" stamped on it. :?: I don't particularly care for the way the logo distorts the metal, it makes it look cheap.

mt

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
I remember the lack of a barrel warning(factory omission) mentioned in a few auction site sales listings recently. Here is one I recall:
gunbroker 136102136
In the description of this uncataloged, blued 357Bisley w/ lamgrips he refers to a pair of consecutives with unmarked barrels.