...do you think I am happy now?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

airwin

Bearcat
...with this new member in my collection?

gknr5f1.jpg

gknr5f2.jpg

YESSSSS!!!! Oh I´m so very happy with this new gun. I´ve got it NIB and unfired for a really good price. I was waiting so many years to get this nice little revolver. And that this true story is totally perfect, this revolver is made really perfect, like a swiss clock.

airwin

BigJ71

Single-Sixer
Glad you like it and congratulations....They are well made and fun little revolvers!

StanMemTn

Single-Sixer
What's the date on the fired cartridge in the envelope? I only ask b/c several months ago I was in the market for a stainless Single Six and couldn't find ANY new ones.

Thanks,
Stephen

twobisquit

Single-Sixer
Looks like some nice wood on that one. Life would not be complete without at least one Single Six and I am sure you will agree by the time you find the ammo that this one likes.

rtl

Single-Sixer
My absolute favorite .22 of all time!

When I got mine the shop owner actually had two NIB under the glass. I should have bought them both keeping one as a safe queen, but I do love mine that I shoot more than anything else I own.

Where did you find it?

Here's mine. Not as pretty a pic and I've since changed the grips to a set of Sack Peterson Stags:
DSC00772.jpg

airwin

Bearcat
Thanks for replies!

Hi StanMemTn, the Serial#History tells, that my Single Six was produced in 1997. I think, the unfired-case-rule came some years later. I´m sure that Flatgate will know the exact details.
As I know, the fixed sight stainless Single Six (Baby Vaquero) was in production only for a short time and Ruger has made only a few k of this model. I can believe that it is not easy to get a really new one at present.

Hi rtl, I found mine via internet auction, supposed it was a holdover from the liquidation of a wholesaler. I too like the idea of a second gun for a safe queen, but reality tells me, that Ruger guns never can get shoot out by general use of private shooters as we are. Also the high gloss stainless finish is easy to repair if there will be scratches or some else little damages one day. Very nice picture!

airwin