concealment holster for sp101??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
i have a ruger sp101 357magnum, 3inch barrel. i have decided to get my conceal carry permit, what would be a good choice? i am on a strick budget so i need something that will work but be inexspensive. i have been open carrying without trouble here in ky., but i think i would feel more comfortable when i go to town if i concealed. i have lived here all my life and from time to time, there will be someone open carrying in town. the police don't even bother cause they know its legal, when i went to town the first time they checked me out to make sure i was ok(not drunk, and ran a background check to be sure i could legaly own and carry the gun) when i passed, they said they would make a note so i wouldn't be bothered again. now i go just about everywhere, but i would like to get my conceal carry permit. thanks for any help.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I've got a 3" SP101 .38Spl and I'm carrying it in a High Noon Holsters Bare Asset. Great little holster at a great price, and High Noon makes good stuff. Another great holster is anything by RGrizzle Leather. I've got a couple of his, and he even made me a pocket holster for my SP101. Got to have deep pockets but I can pull in off in some of my pants :D

hutchman

Blackhawk
I've got a Simply Rugged and am completely satisfied with it. I can't say enough good about it. From my perspective there is no need to even try anything else.......

rtl

Single-Sixer
I have a Don Hume JIT for every handgun I own and an Uncle Mike's IWB for most. For inexpensive concealment and reliability you can't beat either. Simply Rugged is a very close second for concealability for just a bit more money, deservedly so for the quality. jmho

Chance

Buckeye
I tried 3 other brands before springing for one of Rob's Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake's. The others haven't come out of the closet since. Works equally well for outside or concealed carry.

GhosT

Blackhawk
Gotta first agree with 22/45 fan,
"The cheapest? Uncle Mike's IWB, Size 0."

Boomer,
Own the slightly shorter barrel version, but they all work.
I own several...from belly bands, to shoulder holsters.

Try an IWB first....Then try several.
Yer size and weight comes into it.....lol
Hit the right one...won't even notice it is there.....TILL NEEDED!