Security Six CCW?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

texasjarhead

Bearcat
I have owned a Stainless Security Six 357 magnum with the 2.75" barrel for about a month and love it! It truly is an ingenious design, the way it can be dis-assembled into groups. This is still a fairly large, heavy pistol, compared to a Chief's Special or other smaller frame revolvers. Is it feasable to use a Security Six for CCW? If so, what type of holster is recommended?

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
great gun, and it would certainly be feasible...it's all in the holster. You'd just have to decide how you wanted to carry...IWB, OWB, etc. I think it might be big for pocket carry but who knows (if I had one I'd try it but mine is a 4"). There are lots of good holsters out there (and lots of bad ones) but I'd check with RGrizzle Leather. Ryan is a great guy to deal with and he's a forum member. I carry my P95R in his "Town & Country" model, and he made me a custom holster for my SP101. Both are outstanding work.

I use a Speed Six 2 3/4" for CCW and it does very well in a AKJ Concealco IWB holster

http://www.concealco.com/miva/merchant. ... ode=051IWB

Here is mine
12512Concealco_2.JPG

spruce98lx

Bearcat
sceva":jigru22k said:
I use a Speed Six 2 3/4" for CCW and it does very well in a AKJ Concealco IWB holster

http://www.concealco.com/miva/merchant. ... ode=051IWB

Here is mine
12512Concealco_2.JPG

Sceva, I love the look of those stags and t-grip! Where did you get the grips? I'm wanting to do the same thing for my Speed Six. Sorry for the hi-jack. By the way, Rob at Simply Rugged Holsters makes a great OWB for the Sixes!

Spruce98lx;
I got the stags from Don Collins They are Indian Sambar.

Texasjarhead;
Semper Fi. In regard to your Security Six and CCW. I would recommend the original grips (or some nice elk stags like Patrick Grasshor or Sack Peterson makes) and a Tyler T-grip. I would also radius around the bottom edge of the grip rather than leave it square cornered to minimize printing. Some like the pachmyres too but I could never warm up to them.

P94/GP100

Single-Sixer
Mine is easily and comfortably carried in a Blade-Tech IWB kydex holster; for reloads I carry a Bianchi Speed Strip in a Galco 2X2X2 dump pouch (which nicely works when the rounds are fastened to the Speed Strip) when carrying concealed.

When bulkier clothing works, I'll carry reloads via HKS/Safariland Comp II speedloaders in either Uncle Mike's single or a Bianchi Accumold double speedloader pouch (which is also what I use in IDPA).

Best, Jon

lsmith103

Bearcat
Yesterday I received a Safety Security pancake leather holster. Similar to Bianchi pancakes. Put it on and in 15 minutes forgot I was carrying my Speed Six. No problem sitting or driving that I always found with other types of holster other than a shoulder rig.