Came into a NM Vaquero and Bisley Single Six today...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sumoj275

Bearcat
Well I have been waiting o get my Bisley Blackhawk but the PO closed before the FFL could pick the package up--a whole different story.

Anyway, I was over at the FFL today hoping to get the BBH and in the case was a used Bisley Single Six with adjustable sights and a 5 1/2" brl, all steel parts, smooth roll marked .22lr cylinder but no mag cylinder (looks from box that it never did). There was also a blue/cch New Model Ruger Vaquero in .357 mag. I liked how both of these revolvers felt in my hand so I ended up trading a Smith revolver for the two of them--I am happy as I really did not soot the Smith.

So, now instead of having one Ruger to find grips for, spring kit, clean-up I will have three to do. I am excited to get these two revolvers and the one on tuesday of next week.

Have a great sunday!

flatgate

Hawkeye
Wow, you didn't mess around! :D

The Bisley Single-Sixes, IIRC, never were offered as convertibles.... I think.

Now, about this New Model Vaquero. Is it the large frame Vaquero or the mid frame New Vaquero? I'm confused.

flatgate

Rclark

Hunter
Maybe its the engineer in me .... but there never was an Old Model (OM) Vaquero. There was just the Vaquero and the New Vaquero. Both are 'New Model' revolvers.

Anyway, good find(s) :) .

FYI, similar experience. I traded my Super Redhawk for some cash, ammo, and a .45 Vaquero and felt I did the 'right' thing as I to wasn't shooting the 'big' SRH anyway. I have to start working on my wife this year as I just turned 45 .... Soooo that should qualify for a new .45 Colt ... I'd think ;) .

sumoj275

Bearcat
Rclark, I see where I caused the confusion. When I typed the OM Vaquero I was thinking Original Model Vaquero. I am not well versed on the older Rugers so OM meant something totally different for me. Sorry.

pete44ru

Hunter
Maybe some folks wouldn't "ekn" to the nuance/difference in wording - but maybe it would help to clarify things if folks referring to the original Vaquero used the term "Old" Vaquero (OV), ILO "old model" Vaquero.

Then, us Ruger snobs would only have Old Vaquero's (OV's) & New Vaquero's (NV's) to confuse ourselves about.

win85shooter

Bearcat
Well, we could refer to the original large frame Vaquero as the "First Model" and the medium frame New Model Vaquero as the "Second" Model. If they ever come out with another model it could be the "Third" Model.........and so on.

Mike