grip screws

Help Support Ruger Forum:

targetshootr

Single-Sixer
AzRebel":260z3iau said:
Dang targetshootr,

What'd you have for breakfast? Badger, or maybe bobcat? Scorpions as a side dish?

You lose screws easily, so you blame others for your problem? I have several sets of various grips around here for several different handguns, and I can guarantee you, without looking, that every set still has a screw. The ones that aren't on a firearm are screwed together, and are stored in a box in my safe.

When you start making grips for grouchy second hand customers, you can make 'em any way you want. In the meantime, stop insulting a respected gripmaker for not doing you a favor quite fast enough. If you wanna go a few rounds, those nails are still in there.

Daryl

I had a bowl of rusty nails in battery acid. What frosts my balls is when I ask for basic help and info and have to start a thread to get a response. Or when I give a poster a chance to retract a comment and he passes.

J Miller

Blackhawk
caryc":nmw29l54 said:
I'm sorry your email with the second ID number got by me unanswered. I try to print out emails so I don't forget about them. I guess I just was just in a rush about that time.

I'm glad you found a solution to your problem. Maybe if you contact a machine shop with screw machines you can get them to make you up a handful. But make sure you're sitting down when they quote you a price.

I would suggest that when you remove a pair of grips from a gun that you screw the screw into the grips. I'm sorry you had such problems buying my grips indirectly. I guess I should go back to using Rugers stock hardware to prevent this from happening to potential third party customers.

Naw Cary, don't do that. Ruger don't make blued screws and those are the nicest.

targetshootr,

Cary is right about always making sure the screw is with the grips. Especially when the screws are custom length for the custom grips. If the seller doesn't want to include the screw, I simply decline to buy.

I have a couple sets of CLC grips. I one time had the set off my OM BH and thought I'd lost the screw. My extra Ruger factory screws only connected by maybe one thread so that wouldn't work. I searched and searched and finally contacted Carry via email. He made me a replacement screw and sent it to me. Of course by then I'd found the screw I thought I'd lost.
Some months back a forum member sent me a free set of MOT grips that he'd pulled the hardware out of to use on a set he made himself. I found that Ruger ferrules fit the grips but of course the screws I had were too short.
Another mooch email to Carry and he sent me a stainless screw.

Both screws at no charge, and Carry paid the postage as well. I offered to pay for both of them, he did not accept my offer. No way can I fault service like that.

There have been times when I've emailed CLC and didn't get an instant reply. Even been times I've had to send the email again. But I just keep trying. My email server has been cranky, so that and who knows what else can interfere with emails delivery.
Just keep trying.

JMHO

Joe

caryc

Hawkeye
targetshootr,

I'm so sorry you don't like how I run my business. I guess you know now not to buy any of my grips.

In your original post, you were quick enough to offer the snide comment about my grips being useless without screws but made no mention that I'd already sent you a replacement screw.

It did not matter that I had already done something nice for you, you just wanted to make me look bad. I think you accomplished something, you made somebody look bad.

As someone mentioned, it doesn't take a "rocket surgeon" or "brain scientist" to keep a grip screw with a set of grips.

I don't think it takes a genius either to make sure a set of grips comes with the grip screw when purchasing them.

Why don't you just make your own grips, then you have no one to blame but yourself when things don't turn out right?

Have a nice day. If that is possible for you.

targetshootr

Single-Sixer
Since you ignored no less than three emails a month ago I was surprised to see you jump in this thread. I thought for sure you had no interest.

caryc

Hawkeye
targetshootr":2ew8d8ue said:
Since you ignored no less than three emails a month ago I was surprised to see you jump in this thread. I thought for sure you had no interest.

Actually I don't have any interest in you any more.

AzRebel

Single-Sixer
targetshootr":slm11la5 said:
I'll give you this, they're nice grips. And now that they have screws, they're useful.

And again, it isn't Cary's fault that you lose things. You've done nothing for him, yet you fault him for not doing a favor for you quick enough.

If you lost the screws, go find 'em. If you bought the grips without screws, then you got what you paid for.

It's no one's fault but your own, so go complain in the mirror.

Daryl

targetshootr

Single-Sixer
AzRebel":250wwpw6 said:
targetshootr":250wwpw6 said:
I'll give you this, they're nice grips. And now that they have screws, they're useful.

And again, it isn't Cary's fault that you lose things. You've done nothing for him, yet you fault him for not doing a favor for you quick enough.

If you lost the screws, go find 'em. If you bought the grips without screws, then you got what you paid for.

It's no one's fault but your own, so go complain in the mirror.

Daryl

You aren't helping things. If you wanna start a fight, drive over here and then we'll go out back.

Latest posts