Just forwarding info from Ruger on New Vaqueros

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bullrydr85

Bearcat
Well I hate to drag this topic out any further but I just wanted to pass the info on. I called Ruger to ask if removal of the Ejector Alignment Pawl would affect a New Model Vaquero and he advised me it would affect the timing of the revolver. I told him many people have done this modification and went over the way the pawl is incorporated into the gun and can't see how it would affect the timing. I asked him to explain how it would so I can let others know not to do it and he said "I can't go over that, that we advise people not to modify their guns in any way." so I have elected to keep this part removed from my revolver as it causes visible wear. Many others have done it and fired a lot of rounds with no reported ill affects. So take this info and decide yourself, I think the timing being affected is a generalized warning to keep people from tinkering because he "could not go over that". I don't blame him he is just covering his end as far as warranty type stuff goes.

J Miller

Blackhawk
Ruger will not discuss the modification of any of their guns. It's just plain CYA on their part.

And we conscientious Ruger owners always listen to them and never modify any of our Ruger revolvers in any way ...... :roll:

As for taking the anti roll back plunger out of the gun that is the second thing I'd do with one. The third is replacing the pawl with a standard one at the same time I put the Power Custom half cock action in. The first thing I'd do is, ahhhhh ditch the stupid lock. :D

Joe

Driftwood Johnson

Blackhawk
Howdy

As I told you in another post, the wear that the spring plunger is putting on your New Vaquero is so minimal I would not worry about it. I mentioned I pulled the cylinder out of one of my New Vaqueros and had to squint really closely before I saw similar wear marks on my cylinder ratchet teeth.

Revolvers have been around for over 150 years, and almost every single one of them has some sort of hand/ratchet tooth arangement. On just about every design, if the cylinder is spun freely, the teeth will skip over the hand. As I said earlier, you would really have to abuse your gun before the tiny amount of wear that is occuring from the spring plunger would amount to anything. Not a valid reason for pulling it out.

Rclark

Hunter
I am keeping the spring plunger in for my two 50th guns. I like 'em. I agree with DJ that wear is going to be 'very' minimal unless you abuse the gun somehow......

The first thing I'd do is, ahhhhh ditch the stupid lock.
I assume you mean the 'internal' one. I always ditch the 'external' one first thing :p . You have a source for ditching the 'internal' one?

Latest posts