4" RH Front Sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Racklover

Bearcat
I would like to upgrade the front sight on my 4" .45 Colt RH. Something with tritium would be nice. Any suggestions?

Redhawk4

Single-Sixer
I'd like to know the answer to the same question, if anyone out there has one.

Thanks for posting Racklover that very thought had been rumbling round in the back of my head for months, but I hadn't got round to doing anything about it.

Why did Ruger use a different sight for the 4" Redhawk?, it's almost like they cut down the longer barrel and then didn't have the raised portion to fit the usual Redhawk sight in.

bronco45

Single-Sixer
Redhawk 4, I think it is just the opposite. Their platform for the removable front sight would have made it impossible for a zero using a stock ruger rear sight, or any aftermarket model.

To get a zero POI/POA a person would have to elevate the rear sight blade approximately an inch to make it work with a platform sight.

Redhawk4

Single-Sixer
It might just be my eyes, but on the Ruger web site it looks like the rear sight sits at the same level, and the overall height of the front sights is about the same on the 4" and 5 1/2" and 7 1/2" models.

Racklover

Bearcat
RH4, thanks for the link. I will broaden my horizons and look for something other than tritium. The HIVIZ look good and will have to explore their application for the 4".